Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Banned

Sir Jonathan Ive to design one-of-a-kind Leica M rangefinder

QuoteQuote:
Leica has announced that it is in discussions with Sir Jonathan Ive - chief designer at Apple - about designing a unique, one-of-a-kind version of its new M rangefinder. In a statement to the British Journal of Photography, Leica has confirmed that the intention is for the resulting camera to be auctioned for charity in summer 2013.

According to Leica, the unique, Ive-designed M rangefinder will be auctioned in summer 2013 with proceeds going to Reporters Without Borders, a charitable organization dedicated to fighting censorship and supporting journalists around the globe. Sir Jonathan Ive is one of the most well-known industrial designers in the world, and is responsible for the design of some of Apple's most iconic products, including the iMac and iPhone. What do you think an Ive-designed M will look like? Let us know in the comments.
Sir Jonathan Ive to design one-of-a-kind Leica M rangefinder: Digital Photography Review

Jonathan Ive and Marc Newson Gripe About Design's Current State | Fast Company

09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why didn't Pentax think of this. When they saw what Newson came up with for the K-01 they should have said "It's a one of a kind, we'll auction it". Then they could have come up with something better.
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this Moiré I am seeing on the person's jacket on the left ??

JP
12-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why didn't Pentax think of this. When they saw what Newson came up with for the K-01 they should have said "It's a one of a kind, we'll auction it". Then they could have come up with something better.
But...I was ready to buy a yellow 01 just for its "in your face" aspect, not to mention its utility. Then they went away....

12-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh-Oh, I got the title wrong when I first read it ( Old age you know..)

I thought PF member Jogiba was informing PF member Jonathan Mac "I've got to design.. a Leica..."