Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sony alpha series or other video options?

I've been thinking to get a Sony alpha, mostly because I am so intrigued by its focus peaking during video. The a37 is so cheap and does both 24p and 60i. I'm Not looking to jump ship from my K-5 setup, just thinking there is something better than the average DSLR for both video and casual stills.

I have a Sony HDR-CX260V video cam, but it offers no manual control and only shoots 60i or 60p. No 24p support.

I've given up hope for a firmware update to the K-01 to allow full-time focus peaking. So I'm willing to forego using my Pentax lens collection for video purposes. I think that the Sony kit lens is sufficient for video work.

Anybody have thoughts on focus peaking and/or the alpha-series for video? What are my other options which support focus peaking, besides the alpha and E-mount? It doesn't look like the Panasonic GH-3 will support this.

Thanks in advance!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
focus, lens, sony, support, video