Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by wildweasel Quote
. The most important thing though is what you do with a camera, and that comes through familiarity, which teaches you what the camera can do and how to use it. For example,
I agree. I'm using to many cameras now. I think it'd be best if I just used one and figured out how to work it to its max. While one can point and shoot with a modern DLSR it can do so much more.

Sometimes I like small capable cameras.The best work extremely well. Today I'm using a Sony RX100 and I am astounded by its IQ. It is also a tricky little nipper. While I like handling my K-01 I'm going to force myself to stick with the little Sony for a month and see what happens. BTW: When I bought the RX100 I tried to buy the new little Pentax, but there were none for sale.

03-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stepmac Quote
I agree. I'm using to many cameras now. I think it'd be best if I just used one and figured out how to work it to its max. While one can point and shoot with a modern DLSR it can do so much more.

Sometimes I like small capable cameras.The best work extremely well. Today I'm using a Sony RX100 and I am astounded by its IQ. It is also a tricky little nipper. While I like handling my K-01 I'm going to force myself to stick with the little Sony for a month and see what happens. BTW: When I bought the RX100 I tried to buy the new little Pentax, but there were none for sale.
I know what you mean - my d800 is being repaired right now (I dropped it, it landed on the strap-lug and broke the top LCD and flash circuit. And crushed the top-plate. And knackered my 24-70. Expensive birthday this year even if the drinks were free and I was sober when I slipped over and heard the crunch...) yet I'm still earning using my little Fuji x10. I'm constricted with the jobs I can accept, but for portraits etc. I can still earn when I show my clients the final results.

DSLRs are easier to use than smaller cameras once you get used to the ol' aperture/shutter/ISO thing, but any camera will do the job if you learn and work within its limitations. That said; I can't wait til I can make enough to replace my Pentax kit 'cos that just made photography fun - fewer keepers per shutter press, but more fun pressing the shutter.