Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I'm seeing that when shooting JPEGS in Multi or Spot metering the camera tends to overexpose. When I set it to "Average" metering, things were more accurate.
Haven't noticed that, but haven't really had enough experience with it yet to make a determination. I shot a ton of shots with it yesterday in my little studio, just for fun, to see what it could do.
The last 3 1/2 rows are mostly all X20 shots ( DSCF files). Lacie - a set on Flickr

Here is one of my first shots just cropped and downsized, no processing.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm pretty impressed so far. The AF is faster than a jackrabbit with his butt on fire, and accurate too.......it is a breeze to use. More to come after I get some all around experience with it outside the studio.

It will shoot cows, that's important in Texas! If a camera will shoot pretty girls and cows, it can have a happy home here!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

03-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shots look good. I am impressed with the detail this sensor captures. How did you meter?
03-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I solved the overexposure issue. It wasn't the actual photos that were overexposed, they just looked overexposed on the LCD because the camera was set to a screen brightness of sunlight mode, where it increases the brightness so you can see it in direct sun. This was making things way too bright during normal use. I took it off that setting and all looks fine now.