Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Impossible Projects (Polaroid)

I'm just wondering if we've got any Polaroid experts here. I'm trying to help a neighbor by assessing some old stuff he's had licking around. A surprising amount of this would seem to be some Type 100 film stuff in very good order. Possibly-stale info on the Net says that Fuji still makes a film for this: if I recal correctly, it's the same size as used in medium-format Polaroid backs. I've been busy, but there's a box full of stuff which looks like very good bellows, at least. Just a general shout-out for now, but if there's any of our usually-ample expertise to draw on here, hands?

05-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My grandfather was a charter Polaroid dealer, so I grew up with those wonderful inventions around the home.

What specifically do you or your neighbor want to know? Fuji still makes the type 100 film; it is FP-100c Professional. I have recently used it with 70s-era Polaroid cameras, some of which have bellows; other are Colorpack style with a firm plastic body.

There is at least one person out there that is converting the original Polaroid heavy metal bodies to a true 4x5 film camera, taking advantage of the long bellows and form factor. A very few Polaroid cameras from the 70s have value like the high 180-190 series as they have a Zeiss viewfinder, and multi-element lenses. One has totally manual controls which is fun to shoot with.

M