Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Rupert: I wonder how much the tilting screen will mitigate the Texas sun. We get quite a bit of sun here in Alabama, too. I have not used a tilting screen. But, the new fuji does look really nice like our X10/20's. I don't need any new camera gear but the want is always there. X100s, XE1 and now this. And there is the Ricoh GR. I may have to sit back and bide my time. It is not like, except the XE1, any of the above are even available without a wait list.

06-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MSM...Yeah, that tilting lens might offer some sunshine benefit, I'd have to try it. Great looking camera at any rate...and yes, even after all my ranting, the temptation is there for it! I need to see if I can get hooked on crack cocaine or heroin and get this damn camera monkey off my back!

Fuji is on the innovative roll, I hope they maintain it, we all benefit, all brands are forced to be creative to keep up, so we all win. If I were a betting man, and I'm not really, I would make some easy cash by betting I end up with one of the new higher end X cameras...sooner than later...if the crack and heroin habit don't cure me!

Regards!
06-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Well, I thought I was clear that it most likely won't doom the new Fuji...after all, look at all the LCD only cameras out there, and people keep buying them. Given a choice, I do think even you would go with a viewfinder.....wouldn't you? No doubt, price and build are deciding factors for any Mfg when designing a new camera. I just wish this one had a viewfinder like my X20...that's all!

Regards
06-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

@Rupert: And that story of Mrs Rupert, Sir... Is REALLY hilarious.... LOL!

07-01-2013, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
@Rupert: And that story of Mrs Rupert, Sir... Is REALLY hilarious.... LOL!
Guy....Well, it wasn't so funny to me at the time, I guarantee. I wanted to throw her in the river, but when she gets that angry I know that if anyone is going to be drowned, it will probably be me.

She uses that episode fairly often as a reminder, when I try to make a purchase without her approval. We were car shopping last week for a new car for Mrs Rupert, something sporty and small. Went way up to Dallas to look at a 2009 Audi TT with the right colors and equipment, but she did not like the cup holders. I tried to get around that problem and told her it was such a gorgeous car, that cup holders shouldn't be a factor. She replied...."May be nice to you, but it looks like a River Car to me". My hope of buying it ended right there!

Sometimes it pays off to let Mrs Rupert lead the way....the next day I found this one, and she loved it....cup holders were perfect! Not only that, it was almost $30 K cheaper than some of the new ones we had been looking at. It is a one owner, 49,997K miles, owned by a doctor that called it his "baby" and is as new as a new one!

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

A bonus...it's the same color as my Toy Camera X20!!!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I was out Friday shooting a friends remote controlled planes for some fun, and if there was ever a case for an OVF this was it. The LCD was black, the light was horrible, but the OVF on the Toy Camera was crystal clear and tracking, although difficult, was at least possible and with a little practice, not that hard. Without the OVF I am certain I wouldn't have gotten a single shot of them in the air.....might even have been frustrated enough to head for the river......

[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & keep your woman happy, it pays off in the long run...short run too!
07-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member

@Rupert, Tell Mrs Rupert halfway across the globe, she made someone's day... Or two actually, counting yesterday... LOL!
07-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I will! She made my day and more by saving me a lot of cash, even if it was an inadvertent save. I'll take it, there is a lot of difference in price between that TT on Monday and the one I bought on Tuesday, but very little actual difference in the cars. And....this one won't end up in the river!

Best Regards!