Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sony Lens Camera for your smart phone

(SR5) Hot! First images of the new DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 lens-cameras! | sonyalpharumors

Lens-camera: What you see on these images are the DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 lenses. Actually these are not normal lenses! They have built-in sensor, Bionz processor, Wifi/NFC wireless connection and SD card slot. These lenses have no LCD screen and no usual camera controls. You will be able to control them through your smart phone or tablet (via WiFi or NFC). The lenses can be magnetically attached on your smartphone and it works on both, Android and iOS devices. That is nothing like we have seen before. For the first time you can shoot top quality images with your smartphone

08-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

So crazy it might just work...
08-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might work, but hardly looks convenient. How is one supposed to carry that lens around?
08-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Simple put: your smartphone in one pocket and the lens in the other, attach when needed. It's probably lighter than carrying a smartphone and P & S camera (which will also fill two pockets). Interesting, especially that 1" sensor lens.

08-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am more interested in the remote shooting possibilities. Imagine hiding one of these in a bird house. You'll be able to get all kinds of cool perspectives. I wonder what range we can expect. I do expect Sony is going to overcharge though. I suspect that the QX100 will cost more than the RX100.
08-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It turns an already bulky smartphone (I hardly think 5"++ phones are very pocketable...) into a bulky smartphone mega-camera...

I'd still take a Q over it. The Q5 (or whatever succeeds the Q7) only needs WiFi integration for direct access to social networking sites and it's going to become a buzz.

After all, it still seems awkward waving this thing around when a call suddenly comes in (and you don't have a bluetooth headset)
08-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
It turns an already bulky smartphone (I hardly think 5"++ phones are very pocketable...) into a bulky smartphone mega-camera...

I'd still take a Q over it. The Q5 (or whatever succeeds the Q7) only needs WiFi integration for direct access to social networking sites and it's going to become a buzz.

After all, it still seems awkward waving this thing around when a call suddenly comes in (and you don't have a bluetooth headset)
Heh, I didn't think about that. A call comes in and it doesn't seem to release that easy.