Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2013, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Behold! Sony's new trojan horse DSLR, the A7000 Z-shift

Shown here is Sony's latest DSLR system: The ILCE-7000(EU) or A7000(US). This is Sony's first of the E-mount camera's making use of a new Z-shift technology(similar to Contax) which allows the sensor to move on a plane up to 18mm within the body. Thus allowing compatibility with many third-party lenses such as Canon, Nikon, Pentax etc. and more importantly... allowing such things as adding AF modules and IBIS on MF lenses.

NB. if this doesn't instill fear into the competition, I honestly don't know what will.

09-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a handsome camera to me! There was a earlier report on the new Sony Z shift here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/235671-sony-rumor.html But renowed PF members are already re-assuring us that it probably won't work. LOL!

I think this is very very innovative. Not as innovative as new lenscoatings though.
09-02-2013, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I remember a few chats on this forum where I suggested such a thing. Most of the replies to my suggestion were telling me how dumb it was or how it was pointless.

My next prediction is that the 645D MkII will be a mirrorless camera with a NEX type body (shallow) and that it will have a 60-80MP sensor and offer 35mm FF crop modes. That's another suggestion that usually gets a laugh on here.

Then there's the modular camera (GXR on steroids) for a Pentax FF another suggestion that gets panned. It may turn out that the expected "645D MkII" is just a part of a modular FF-MF system in general and what you end up with may only depend on which components you slap together.

After reading all the whinging responses to the "red ring" on the new HD DA lenses I've come to the conclusion that Pentax people are very conservative and resist any kind of change until they are force fed it.

Forgive my pessimism won't you? We are having a federal election here in a few days and my country is giving all the indications that it is about to willingly jump off a cliff at the behest of one Rupert Murdoch, who has backed the conservatives here for personal and business reasons, and who is spewing propaganda from his 70% newspaper ownership base.
09-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I remember a few chats on this forum where I suggested such a thing. Most of the replies to my suggestion were telling me how dumb it was or how it was pointless.

My next prediction is that the 645D MkII will be a mirrorless camera with a NEX type body (shallow) and that it will have a 60-80MP sensor and offer 35mm FF crop modes. That's another suggestion that usually gets a laugh on here.

Then there's the modular camera (GXR on steroids) for a Pentax FF another suggestion that gets panned. It may turn out that the expected "645D MkII" is just a part of a modular FF-MF system in general and what you end up with may only depend on which components you slap together.

After reading all the whinging responses to the "red ring" on the new HD DA lenses I've come to the conclusion that Pentax people are very conservative and resist any kind of change until they are force fed it.

Forgive my pessimism won't you? We are having a federal election here in a few days and my country is giving all the indications that it is about to willingly jump off a cliff at the behest of one Rupert Murdoch, who has backed the conservatives here for personal and business reasons, and who is spewing propaganda from his 70% newspaper ownership base.
The SLR itself wouldn't even exist without such out-of-the-box-thinking. Your suggestions sound very plausible.

09-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think SAR just debunked this as a fake rumor. Shame.

Jason