Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Heh... I'm looking forward to it just so i can slap on my Pentax lenses on it...

Oh yea~! Finally!! My dream will come true!

Looks like i've predicted right; Pentax is a very good brand to start on an a hobbyist photographic journey due to it's affordability and size.
But that's pretty much all to it.. The "upgrade" path for Pentax is => Canikony..

It has always been and will always be.. Unless we're looking at MF..

PS: I've always looked upon the Sony brand as a prostitute brand.. LOL! Get the body and slap any lenses into it! ;P

Last edited by SyncGuy; 09-13-2013 at 03:02 AM.
09-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Heh... I'm looking forward to it just so i can slap on my Pentax lenses on it...

Oh yea~! Finally!! My dream will come true!
Sony will milk that FF NEX for a while. But eventually they'll market a full frame version of the A3000. Imagine what damage that will do to the market. Such a thing could fall into the same price category as current flagship APS-C DSLRs.

PS: I've always looked upon the Sony brand as a prostitute brand.. LOL! Get the body and slap any lenses into it! ;P
LOL, I like that one. So what does that make Pentax? An old housewife that is terrified of trying anything different or new?
09-13-2013, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Looks like i've predicted right; Pentax is a very good brand to start on an a hobbyist photographic journey due to it's affordability and size.
But that's pretty much all to it.. The "upgrade" path for Pentax is => Canikony..

It has always been and will always be.. Unless we're looking at MF..
my oh my.... the "your Pentax camera is crap" propaganda never stops...

Last edited by Tom S.; 09-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.
09-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
Full Frame E-mount lenses you can buy now for your NEX-FF (Rokinon, Bower, Samyang)

QuoteQuote:
If you are considering to buy the soon to be announced NEX-FF cameras you will certainly look for compatible lenses. And you may don’t know that there are already four E-mount FF lenses from Samyang (also branded under other names).
Full Frame E-mount lenses you can buy now for your NEX-FF (from Rokinon, Bower, Samyang). | sonyalpharumors

QuoteQuote:
Some more video of ladies smoking once again filmed with the Sony NEX-VG900 camera. This time I used two new lenses, the Rokinon 35mm and 85mm T1.5 Cine Lenses. I have to say I love these lenses, so much so that I ended up selling some of my other lenses. They are a bargain for the quality they provide, and I love having an aperture control ring right on the lens. The video was created and graded with Sony Vegas Pro 12. As always I love to hear constructive criticism! The original video is here:

http://www.shesmokes.com/promo/SheSmo...

That link is of much higher quality at full 1920x1080 60fps high bitrate. The lenses used on this video are listed below along with what I paid for them, they are all e-mount and are all full frame:
Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens, $549 new
Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens, $349 new

09-13-2013, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Sure. I'm not opposed to that. I just hate the whole "tiny camera, big lens" shift that seems to have happened in the last five years.
Part of the shift is probably due to the competition of smart phone/cameras which are so much easier to carry I think there is now and will continue to be pressure to make lenses smaller. Slower lenses and fewer elements requiring more processing in the software. Of course, if someone wants something larger to hang onto, there is always tablets

09-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Banned

Original Poster
Full frame E mount mirrorless DSLR style coming

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I really hate this idea. Full frame means f2.8 zooms to me (sorry that's what I think of) and shooting those on a camera like this would be an ergonomic nightmare. I would prefer for larger sensored cameras to keep the SLR size, even if you drop the mirror.
The APS-C Sony A-3000 (ILCE-3 APS-C) is about the same size as the Pentax K-5 IIs so I would imagine the full frame version (ILCE-9 full frame) will be even larger.

QuoteQuote:
For almost two months now things have been relatively quite on the A-mount camera and NEX-7 successor front. Two of my trusted sources told me that they still didn’t get any info about a possible A-mount or NEX-7 successor release this year. They only told me about the following camera being released between October and January:
- Two NEX-FF
- ILC-7 (APS-C camera).
- ILC-9 (FF camera)
- RX10

New anonymous sources we can rank somewhere between SR2-SR3 told me that A-mount and more NEX APS-C stuff is coming very early 2014 only. For now Sony’s priority seems to be the NEX-FF and ILCE (E-mount DSLR shaped) cameras. I think that within the next couple of weeks we will know a lot more about the Sony roadmap.
The (non) rumors on A-mount and NEX-7 successor. | sonyalpharumors

Last edited by jogiba; 09-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.
09-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
The Sony NEX-FF will be displayed at PhotoPlus in NYC!

QuoteQuote:
You will definitely see the new NEX Full Frame Photocamera at Photoplus Expo in New York!!!
(SR5) The Sony NEX-FF will be displayed at PhotoPlus in NYC! | sonyalpharumors

09-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I think this camera will be like the current E-mount system: not many great lenses made by Sony for it, but beloved by the premium lens adapter crowd. This will somewhat hurt Pentax until they come out with FF, but I think the really vulnerable company is Leica. $3,000 is a lot for most people for a camera that won't autofocus with legacy lenses, but it's cheap for many M mount owners.
09-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
I think this camera will be like the current E-mount system: not many great lenses made by Sony for it, but beloved by the premium lens adapter crowd. This will somewhat hurt Pentax until they come out with FF, but I think the really vulnerable company is Leica. $3,000 is a lot for most people for a camera that won't autofocus with legacy lenses, but it's cheap for many M mount owners.
Mirrorless ILC have not been really embraced by Nikon, Canon, or Pentax (with the possible exception of Q). The consensus seemed to be that those traditional companies didn't want to cannibalize their dslrs. Half-hearted offerings in general compared to Sony offerings.

I think this would have been another boring camera season if it weren't for Sony. Like Sony or hate Sony, at least they are not dull. Sony recently announced some normal and moderate zoom lenses for their Nex series, now in pre-order. So they have some crediblity, not to mention their other successes in the FF arena such as the RX1.
09-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Sony will milk that FF NEX for a while. But eventually they'll market a full frame version of the A3000. Imagine what damage that will do to the market. Such a thing could fall into the same price category as current flagship APS-C DSLRs.

LOL, I like that one. So what does that make Pentax? An old housewife that is terrified of trying anything different or new?
Yea... I've always termed Sony NEX body as that... Hmm.. Never gave a term for Pentax, so now that you've asked, i don't know..

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Heh... And your "mommy, help me.. He's the one at fault.. it wasn't me, i swear!" mindset never stops too..

Think with an open mind my friend... A pencil is a pencil, while a pen is a pen.. 2 different categories serving 2 different market; that's what i'm meaning.
09-14-2013, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Norm was objecting to the notion that the only "upgrade" is to a 35mm sensor (or larger), but I'm sure he can speak for himself. Either way, it's only an "upgrade" in terms of size and price, if your photographic needs don't require the things it brings for those costs, and I'm with Norm on the point that APS-C doesn't necessarily mean those needs are "non-professional". Now, if we're talking gear (and I reckon most people who blab on about sensor format are talking gear and not pictures), a pencil isn't just a pencil, either, but that's another issue, as well as being a fraught metaphor.
09-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The APS-C Sony A-3000 (ILCE-3 APS-C) is about the same size as the Pentax K-5 IIs so I would imagine the full frame version (ILCE-9 full frame) will be even larger.

The (non) rumors on A-mount and NEX-7 successor. | sonyalpharumors
What confuses me is the AA battery in the pic. Is that a full frame battery or an APS-C?
09-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Anything but! The psychological and therefore marketing issue is how well does an 'amateur enthusiast' brand compete in the market. Pentax makes the best APS-C bodies for the amateur, save those whose life depends on AF... and the Pentax lenses are up there with the best for APS-C cameras.
09-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #29
Veteran Member

It'll depend on the specs but I might buy one of these FF NEX cameras just to mount my Pentax lenses on for a bit, then sell it when and if Pentax ever unveils their FF camera. If Sony ever comes out with some nice native lenses for it even better.

It'll be nice to take the pressure off of waiting for Pentax to come out with whatever exactly it is that they're working on, be it APS-C or FF. Plus I love that I now have a FF option where I don't have to mutilate (well, that may be a bit harsh. How about, manipulate) my lenses to use them.

Plus! If Pentax should ever leave the K-mount, these lenses will still have some life in them. Yes!

Last edited by Urkeldaedalus; 09-15-2013 at 06:30 AM.
09-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
What confuses me is the AA battery in the pic. Is that a full frame battery or an APS-C?
Duh! It's an anti-aliasing battery!