Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax LX from Sony

For those Pentax lovers who are hoping (for years now) for a digital Pentax LX replacement .... watch Sony :-)

Sony A7 and A7r:
1) AF is faster than the RX series but still not as fast as the best in the mirrorless world
2) A7 and A7r have focus peaking
3) eye tracking AF
4) they are about same size as the Olympus OMD series
5) There is an optional vertical grip
6) They have Wifi and NFC
7) no Tri Navi, They had scroll wheels in front and back (which were very much like nex-7′s) and an exposure comp wheel from RX1.
8) One source the body quality is very good and the camera had a Pentax LX feeling.
9) 1/8000 shutter speed
10) both have tiltatble screen

10-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Banned

First image of the Sony A7-A7r presentation?

QuoteQuote:
Here are a couple of A7/A7r info I got from many sources:

1) AF is faster than the RX series but still not as fast as the best in the mirrorless world
3) eye tracking AF
7) no Tri Navi, They had scroll wheels in front and back (which were very much like nex-7′s) and an exposure comp wheel from RX1.
8) One source the body quality is very good and the camera had a Pentax LX feeling.
9) 1/8000 shutter speed

What we already know is. Both cameras have no IBIS, both have same body design, both have an integrated EVF on top (middle) of the camera. NEX-7 grip and a slihly OMD look. A7 has 24MP sensor with on sensor PDAF (and AA filter. A7r has 36MP sensor without PDAF and without AA filter. A7 with 28-70mm f/3-5-5.6 kit lens will cost under 2000 Dolalr/Euro. A7r body only will cost around 2300-2400 Dollar/Euro. There will be also three Zeiss lenses: 24-70mm f/4.0, 35mm f/2.8 and 55mm f/1.8. But I have been told they may show more lenses that are on roadmap.

Very important: Announcement next week on Wednesday October 16 at around 5-6am London time. You can follow the announcement live here on SonyAlphaRumors. As usual we will update you live with news, tests, first samples and early preorders links!
(SR5) More A7/A7r specs and info | sonyalpharumors

QuoteQuote:
Over at Xitek we found the image of a Sony A7-A7r event that has taken place somewhere in Asia (China or Hong Kong). The writing on top of the cameras and lenses says something like: “Full Frame Mirror less Camera Launch“. Sadly you cannot see the cameras very well and I even don’t know if this is a 100% real picture. I hope they guys on Xitek can soon share a more “detailed” image. We want to see the stuff on the podium!

Here is an enlarged image with description made by one of our SAR readers:
First image of the Sony A7-A7r presentation? (low resolution pics of the cams). | sonyalpharumors

QuoteQuote:
If the image is real (I repeat…”IF”) than the EVF bump is really not as big as expected. I am sending this pic to sources and asking them to let me know what they think about…

P.S:: There is also an official invitation text (google translated):

SONY BIG DAY IN 10/16
sony is committed to providing the perfect imaging experience a revolutionary new imaging products invite you to synchronize the first to experience the world Event Date: October 16, 2013 (three)
Activity :19:00-20: 30
Event Location: Eslite Xinyi performances Center (Taipei Xinyi District No. 11 Song Gao Road, 6th Floor)

This is the original image on which a SAR reader translated the text in english:
10-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
"Both cameras have no IBIS"
That's weird...seems like one of Sony's trademark features :-P
10-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
"Both cameras have no IBIS"
That's weird...seems like one of Sony's trademark features :-P
The E mount is also used for pro video like the 4K FS700R so they use Optical SteadyShot (OSS) image stabilization built-in lenses since in body SR is not silent .

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - ? Lenses - Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - ? Lenses - E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - ? Lenses - E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - ? Lenses - E 10-18mm F4 OSS

10-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
For those Pentax lovers who are hoping (for years now) for a digital Pentax LX replacement .... watch Sony :-)
Challenge accepted - let's see for each of your points, how it compares to the LX. Color code, mismatch, neutral (can't be determined) and match.
QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
Sony A7 and A7r:
LX had no AF
Not applicable for the LX
3) eye tracking AF
Nope, still no AF
The 2 OMD cameras don't have the same sizes, and they aren't LX
None for the LX
Didn't even exist back then
No resemblance with the LX
Not sure what it means, but appears to be highly subjective.
9) 1/8000 shutter speed
1/2000 for the LX
LX had no back LCD
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For what it is worth...

I used to use a K10D with my collection of Pentax-M lenses. Frankly that arrangement left a lot to be desired.

Now I use an NEX-5n with my Pentax-M's. For myself, the NEX feels more like my MX or LX then the K10D ever did. Even without a viewfinder.

I am really looking forward to what Sony has in store next month. I'm expecting my next camera purchase to be either an NEX-6 or the NEX-7 replacement.

I completely understand how a FF NEX would be the digital LX that some of us are waiting for.