Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I will say that I am disappointed that the EVF is the same from the NEX 6/7 and not bumped up in resolution.
The link of yours says this about the EVF:
QuoteQuote:
Both cameras have a fixed OLED EVF with 2,4 million dot resolution. It’s the same used by the Olympus E-M1.
So although the pixel count seems the same, it may not be completely identical to the NEX6/7 EVF.

And once again, what an ugly camera. Looks like one of those early Samsungs.

10-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Not to upset anyone..but the new Sony NEX A7 FF looks very interesting,as a body to use Pentax lenses on. At a price of A7 BODY $1,698.00, which may drop to as they usually do soon after release,it is very tempting. I think for wide angle landscape work & portraits/street work it would be perfect to compliment the K5II,for the longer focal lengths. from what I read its easy to adapt K mount and even DA lenses to Sony E mount. Lack of IBIS would not be an issue for wide angle work at all, as low light sensitivity is increased. Any thoughts on this?? as may be long time before Pentax gets their FF out.
I am definitely considering the A7r. I would probably use my K-mount glass until some faster E-mount FF glass becomes available.
10-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll consider, yes. What I'd really like is a full manual retro-style PENTAX DSLR. Someone here mentioned a few months ago a Digital Spotmatic... I'm not up to speed on the Pentax film SLRs to know if that's good or not, but something that has good exposure, but designed with a good EVF for manual lenses would be something I'd prefer. I'm almost 100% switched over to using manual lenses on my NEX6 now... I brought the K30 with me this weekend, and stop-down metering was a real significant pain in the ass.
10-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I am interested. But would like to know, is there an adapter that can control the aperture on K-mount lens??

10-14-2013, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
is there an adapter that can control the aperture on K-mount lens??
Not automatically, using the A mode on a Pentax lens, like a Pentax body does. It's manual control all the way.

Aperture control on PK to NEX involves the user turning the aperture ring on the lens directly. If a lens (like the DA's) has no aperture ring, there are also some PK adapters that allow you to manually set the aperture of DA lenses too.
10-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Not automatically, using the A mode on a Pentax lens, like a Pentax body does. It's manual control all the way.

Aperture control on PK to NEX involves the user turning the aperture ring on the lens directly. If a lens (like the DA's) has no aperture ring, there are also some PK adapters that allow you to manually set the aperture of DA lenses too.
That's nice. Some FF lens like DFA 100mm macro WR has no aperture ring.
@$1700 and allow use of PENTAX lens....
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #22
Banned

PK-E mount adapters with and without aperture ring

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
That's nice. Some FF lens like DFA 100mm macro WR has no aperture ring.
@$1700 and allow use of PENTAX lens....

10-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
Pentaxian

If anyone needs a PK>E adapter with aperture ring, PM me. I've got two, and I don't want either one.
10-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sony has been improving a lot lately, And this might just be the most interesting Sony's yet.

Full frame quiet cameras with the ability to use legacy glass......Hello.......

Pentax might not get my money next time around.

Well done Sony.
10-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #25

Yes.

$1700 for 24mp full frame with Phase Detect autofocus and a built in EVF is pretty great in my book. If that's actually the launch price I will probably upgrade in a year or so, but it won't be too long.

It would sure be nice to see something like this instead of another re-release of the K-5 with a half stop more IS...
10-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
they say it has the Pentax LX feeling (SR5) Hot! First full size images of the A7 and A7r cameras with lenses! | sonyalpharumors have alot of OM legacy glass that will work fine I hope at least on 24MP, at 36 not much old glass may work well..at least for max resolution...very tempting as a partner for my K5II....K3 is too $$ in this perspective....but now maybe Pentax will wake up & release a FF
10-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sony has been putting out some seriously compelling designs and if I wasn't so vested both emotionally and optically with my K-30 I would consider their cameras. Losing autofocus capability with my current batch of lenses is probably too much for me to bear. I would not want to get new lenses.