Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just bought (and shortly thereafter sold) and Ultramatic CS and you're right, it is certainly heavy! I was also asked if it was a medium format camera by the guy at the local camera shop when I brought it in.

10-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by irishwhite Quote
I just bought (and shortly thereafter sold) and Ultramatic CS and you're right, it is certainly heavy! I was also asked if it was a medium format camera by the guy at the local camera shop when I brought it in.
Yeah, that mediumformat question is quite common. If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell it? Was it the size?

I really want a wider lens for the camera, struck out an a Kodak Schneider 28mm f4 Retina-Curtagon.
10-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I sold it because I bought it with the intention of flipping it for a profit. Bought it for $80 and sold for $240 last weekend on eBay. I really didn't want to let it go because it was in pretty fantastic shape. I did shoot a roll of film through it and I think the meter was off because the shots didn't turn out very good at all. It may very well have been user error. There was a battery in the camera, although I have no idea how old the battery was and the meter did react to various changes in lighting so I just tested it to see how it would turn out. Also, I have no idea how old the film was or specifically how I came about the roll of film. I shoot mostly MF on my Bronicas now, so the weight of of Ultramatic really wasn't a big deal to me.

here's a couple of shots of the beauty!

10-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks as pristine as my copy! Whay kind of chrome finnish did Voigtländer use back in the day? Even most Leicas and Hassys looks like junk after the years but Voigtländers got perfect fake leather and not a scratch in the chrome.