Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Is it just me or does the new Fuji X-T1 look a lot like an LX?

I think it's very close. Funny to read all the gushing about the ergonomics etc :-)

02-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jamey777 Quote
I think it's very close. Funny to read all the gushing about the ergonomics etc :-)
I had a play in my local camera shop and I think it's nice, but maybe not quite as nice as some online are making out.

Love the EVF though - far better than the effort in the X-E1 I shortly owned!

As far as similarities to the LX, absolutely. I think it's mainly down to the broad, flat EVF hump.
02-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha funny this got moved. I put it in film SLR forum at first :-) Fuji does seem to be on a roll.
02-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Banned

I think the a7r looks more like the LX than the X-T1

02-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
I had a play in my local camera shop and I think it's nice, but maybe not quite as nice as some online are making out.
I'm curious...I had planned to pre-order, but may wait until I can find one in a retailer here. My main question is does it have a good solid feel..... like my X20? Does the body have "weight"...not heavy, but a solid, well crafted feel? Does it feel like "quality" in your hands or like a plastic camera...which I definitely do not want!

Regards!
02-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm curious...I had planned to pre-order, but may wait until I can find one in a retailer here. My main question is does it have a good solid feel..... like my X20? Does the body have "weight"...not heavy, but a solid, well crafted feel? Does it feel like "quality" in your hands or like a plastic camera...which I definitely do not want!

Regards!
Felt a bit more solid that the X-E1 to me; I didn't have a huge amount of time with it, but it felt pretty good to me. (The guys in the shop were a little cagey about letting me touch something that they still didn't have any actual stock of yet!)

As with almost all mirrorless cameras, it was a tad on the small side though - the buttons felt a little on the cramped side, particularly the view mode switch.
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

02-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
Felt a bit more solid that the X-E1 to me; I didn't have a huge amount of time with it, but it felt pretty good to me. (The guys in the shop were a little cagey about letting me touch something that they still didn't have any actual stock of yet!)

As with almost all mirrorless cameras, it was a tad on the small side though - the buttons felt a little on the cramped side, particularly the view mode switch.
Thanks for the reply. Not really enough in this camera to justify the price or the need to own it, but if it is well crafted and works reasonably well, I'll most likely buy it anyhow. It does have some of the features I admire most...handsome looks and smaller size. Pitiful reasons to buy a camera, but we are what we are!

Regards!

LFLee- Thanks for the video. I didn't see anything extraordinary in the X-T1 there, but it looks good and seems to function well enough.