Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
Banned

Fuji will release a Full Frame X-PRO 2 in 2015!

QuoteQuote:
Fujirumors reports that Fuji is working on a Full Frame X-PRO 2 which will be released in 2015. Unfortunately no current X-mount lens will work on the new mount. There will be a minimum of three lenses at launch.

This would be the first competition for the newly launched Sony A7 system. A great news!
Fuji will release a Full Frame X-PRO 2 in 2015! | Mirrorless Rumors

04-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm, Fuji, that's going to be an expensive one! Well, if Fuji can then...
04-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The folks at Fuji X forums will be excited about this.
Given the nice image rendering of the X series, this could be quite a hit if it ever materializes.

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 04-04-2014 at 07:51 AM.
04-04-2014, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I question the validity of this.....but anything is possible with Fuji. I'm more interested in the rumor, which I believe to be true, of the new X30 with a 1" or larger sensor. Should be a heck of a Toy Camera! I'll have to have it!
The X-T1 is still short on supply, hard to find, and back ordered heavily. Fuji is hitting the hot spots with a lot of shooters. Their innovations help us all......I hope Pentax will get a little more innovative too. They make great cameras, but could do better in some areas like mirrorless and body design.
Regards!

04-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I hope they do, but I don't see it happening.
04-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I question the validity of this.....but anything is possible with Fuji. I'm more interested in the rumor, which I believe to be true, of the new X30 with a 1" or larger sensor. Should be a heck of a Toy Camera! I'll have to have it!
The X-T1 is still short on supply, hard to find, and back ordered heavily. Fuji is hitting the hot spots with a lot of shooters. Their innovations help us all......I hope Pentax will get a little more innovative too. They make great cameras, but could do better in some areas like mirrorless and body design.
Regards!
I finally bit the bullet a few days ago and got me a Fuji ("XYZ") instead of spending way overboard for a financially unreachable Sigma 500/4.5.
I have enough left to get me the HD 1.4X Pentax converter for my DA*300/4 ... 420mm shall suffice unless I win at the lottery.

Fuji: I am very surprised at the built quality, the compactness and the image rendering straight out of the camera, even in JPEG. I haven't tried RAW yet (I don't have the RAW converter yet but looks like it will be Capture One).

You know, a X30 with 1" sensor would be quite a "toy" indeed!

About the X-T1... lots of happy folks out there at the Fuji forum site. The FF version? ... who knows?

JP
04-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The problem is that there is nothing in common between this model and previous APS-C Fuji models -- it won't be an upgrade path any more than a D800 is an upgrade to a K5 II.

04-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
osv
Veteran Member

looks like it'll take leica lenses, with an adapter.

given the sony nex mount adapter infrastructure, calling it a competitor to the a7 is a bit of wishful thinking.

although maybe fuji will do what sony couldn't, and create a really good 24-70? that would set 'em apart.
04-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
looks like it'll take leica lenses, with an adapter.

given the sony nex mount adapter infrastructure, calling it a competitor to the a7 is a bit of wishful thinking.

although maybe fuji will do what sony couldn't, and create a really good 24-70? that would set 'em apart.
Fuji is kicking butt with their lenses. They really don't need to add many more to the X-mount line once the current road map is finished. The bodies still need work. They aren't as fast as Olympus when it comes to function, but Fuji is don't a great job of listening to their customers and making big improvements.