Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #781
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Steve, I only get to see the sea a few days a year if I'm lucky....

01-21-2015, 04:16 AM   #782
Veteran Member

Don’t think I could coupe with that, I spent most my life near the coast and you don’t half miss a sea breeze when you are land locked.

Cheers, Steve
01-21-2015, 04:27 AM   #783
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
https://flic.kr/p/qAn9sn from a trip to Sudetenland
01-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #784
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Don’t think I could coupe with that, I spent most my life near the coast and you don’t half miss a sea breeze when you are land locked.

Cheers, Steve
A sea breeze would be nice this weekend, we've got a forecast of up to 42C, and usually we add about 5C to the forecast....

01-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #785
Veteran Member

My Great Great Grandfather went to South Africa with the mines from Cornwall, but I think he may have been caught up in the 2nd Boer War as he was never seen again, left his wife and kids (my great Grandfather) home in Cornwall. Don’t think I could coupe with the heat!

Another new toy for me!

Got the Minolta 110 SLR on order as well

Cheers, Steve
01-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #786
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see the group thriving these days - I'm enjoying everyone's contributions with their "toys"
This is just a walkaround snap from a gorgeous November day a couple years ago, taken with a Lumix TZ1. Yes, I added a bit of "pop" in PP
01-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #787
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Nice pop in that one Paul.....beautiful skies like we had yesterday to match our great temperature for the middle of January! Unfortunately, I was so delirious from the heat and sweat in my eyes that I missed the settings and washed out the skies!

Skank....Look forward to shots from your new toys....I always look forward to anything you post!

Regards!

01-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #788
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice pop in that one Paul.....beautiful skies like we had yesterday to match our great temperature for the middle of January! Unfortunately, I was so delirious from the heat and sweat in my eyes that I missed the settings and washed out the skies!

Skank....Look forward to shots from your new toys....I always look forward to anything you post!

Regards!
Thanks! I did have a play with my FED3 but didnt think of it as a toy camera.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/286...lm-2015-a.html

Cheers, Steve
01-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #789
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank....Only the center one looks real grainy on my screen, the others look fine. I like it that you use so many different tools, wish I had that kind of talent!

Regards!
01-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #790
Veteran Member

Regards!
I've always wondered why everybody is so worried about washed out skies, except if it's an important part of the picture, like in a landscape or such; with your image it's quite clear what you want me to see....
01-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #791
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Good to see the group thriving these days - I'm enjoying everyone's contributions with their "toys"
This is just a walkaround snap from a gorgeous November day a couple years ago, taken with a Lumix TZ1. Yes, I added a bit of "pop" in PP
Nice one, living in one of the countries with probably most violent crimes per capita, I can relate to the "Crime Watch"...
01-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #792
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
My Great Great Grandfather went to South Africa with the mines from Cornwall, but I think he may have been caught up in the 2nd Boer War as he was never seen again, left his wife and kids (my great Grandfather) home in Cornwall. Don’t think I could coupe with the heat!

Another new toy for me!

Got the Minolta 110 SLR on order as well

Cheers, Steve
I've still got a few 35mm SLR's, but the nearest city where I can get film, and a place to have it developed, is about 250km away, and very expensive
01-21-2015, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #793
Veteran Member

A "groupie" of my wife and me, and our youngest son and his girlfriend...and then the camera has a setting that cicks out 5 or 6 different "fun" pics of every shot you take...It's nice to play a bit with the camera and have fun, as I think I've stagnated and got to serious with the K-5iis, I still use it for sports and more serious stuff, but the canon G7X is a nice camera to carry around in the pocket and give decent pics to boot, even has RAW

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #794
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Those are nice shots, the kind that we take with our Toy Cameras for fun and memories. The jumping girl is a neat shot! Processed or processed by the camera? Nice family shot too! Thanks for sharing!

Yesterday I had a rough day and was not feeling all that well, happens sometimes to us all. In my misery, I got to thinking I might like a new Sony FF A7 and a couple of lenses......even to the point I went shopping online and came very close to loading the cart. Then I looked at my K5 and group of very nice lenses, realized how little I use them and regained my common sense. Toy Cameras get most of my attention and use, they do what I want and need to do over 90% of the time, and do it well enough for my needs. Small, easy to carry everywhere, and always ready to serve my desires. They only sit on the shelf if I do....when I go...they go! Long live Toy Cameras!

Regards!
01-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #795
Veteran Member

Processed or processed by the camera? Nice family shot too! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Rupert, no PP, Jpegs OOC, just resized....