Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks again to everyone for their recommendation! Researching the makes/models was very interesting for me as a gear head. I ended up ordering the Petri 7S I originally started this thread with and I also ordered an Argus C3. Let's see what kind of mischief these two get me into before I try another camera!

06-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
Get a good one and it will last ages, just make sure to download and read the manual, there are some funny things with them that can cause damage (setting shutter speed before winding)
...a characteristic shared with many older focal-plane shutter cameras. A good rule of thumb is that if the shutter speed dial rotates at exposure time, it is best to not change the speed until you wind on.

Steve

---------- Post added 06-01-14 at 07:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eyeswideshut Quote
about the best viewfinder of any of the soviet rangefinders, comes fairly close to those Bessas, albeit without framelines
Infinite frame border!! At least the finder on my 4K is very indistinct as far as the boundaries of the viewfinder go. Other than framing, it is bright, 1:1 and easy to focus.

Steve