Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3077 Likes Search this Thread
09-08-2016, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #781
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert is so all powerful he cons me into posting even when he's on my ignore list.
I hate that.
The guy can't be stopped.

He makes me feel guilty if I don't post any pictures... it's worse than going to church, or not going to church. it's one of those situations where whatever you do, you're wrong.

09-08-2016, 02:27 PM - 3 Likes   #782
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

looking for Rocket J Squirrel

I took my new K 3 and my newer (arrived today) Pentax 16 - 85 mm out to the Topeka Zoological Garden here in Topeka KS

I was on a quest to locate Rocket J. Squirrel and his friend Bullwinkle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_the_Flying_Squirrel

despite questioning some usual suspects (pictured below) I had no luck

has anyone else?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-08-2016 at 02:47 PM.
09-08-2016, 03:19 PM   #783
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last edited by photolady95; 09-08-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: link only
09-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #784
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
it's one of those situations where whatever you do, you're wrong.
Norm...you can't go wrong with shots like those! ......and I heard it directly from Otis!

09-09-2016, 06:40 AM   #785
smf
Pentaxian

Rumor has it that Rocky and Bullwinkle were last seen in the company of Boris and Natasha.
09-09-2016, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #786
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Rumor has it that Rocky and Bullwinkle were last seen in the company of Boris and Natasha.
Thanks

well that is a start, I'm now looking for a short squat guy who was not in the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies and a femme fatale, both dressed in black, as well as a flying squirrel and a moose

here is your reward (?) (an uncropped picture)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
09-09-2016, 12:56 PM - 3 Likes   #787
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I made this for the squirrels in my backyard. We named it The Love Shack,

Attached Images

09-09-2016, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #788
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
I made this for the squirrels in my backyard. We named it The Love Shack,
That is the neatest shot I've seen in a long time! Otis has his own Love Shack...but won't allow photos of it. Knowing what goes on there, I don't really want any photos....

Searching for any leftover remnants of peanut butter on the Cheater Branches this morning.....

Regards!
09-11-2016, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #789
Pentaxian

A few more from today, because of Otis' influence, I feel guilty if I see a squirrel and don't take a picture.

09-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #790
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A few more from today, because of Otis' influence, I feel guilty if I see a squirrel and don't take a picture.
I know you can't see me Norm......maybe I will appear ghostly and pale but still readable? Otis loves that first one (so handsome!) and adores the little Chippy...and as always appreciates your most excellent squirrel tributes! Me too....not that I matter that much, but Otis does!

Regards!
09-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #791
Pentaxian

I always see what you have to say in this thread Rupert. I'm just limiting myself to your best work.
09-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #792

Unafraid young squirrel:

Around here we call young squirrels "stupids", because . . . well they're stupid. I took this pic in Nov of 2013 and was no more than 2-3 feet from him.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
09-13-2016, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #793
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I always see what you have to say in this thread Rupert. I'm just limiting myself to your best work.
That's pretty strange Norm....I don't really have much "best work"...if any.....some stuff I do like but it hardly compares to what many others post.....you are one of the best shooters here, even if you are cranky and grouchy. Otis says highly talented people are always a little difficult...having to put up with lesser talents like me....anyhow, that's what he says.

QuoteOriginally posted by SciFiGuy Quote
Around here we call young squirrels "stupids", because . . . well they're stupid. I took this pic in Nov of 2013 and was no more than 2-3 feet from him.
That is a neat shot! You know, you are pretty much right. The young ones here take all the risk and never fear much of anything. They do learn quick though.....after hawks thin out their buddies!

Shot these early this morning....well, it was early for me anyhow....about 9:30 am

Just cruising down the fence line when he found a nice roasted peanut....his lucky day!

"This is delicious! Life is good!"

"What the.....Look at that damn cat about to pounce on me and my peanut!"

The cat vamoosed in a hurry once he saw that this squirrel was Ninja trained by Otis! Smart cat!

Regards!

Squirrel shots always appreciated in this thread....post them any time...any camera..or just browse and look around, you are all welcome here!
09-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #794
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Squirrels in the news:
Hundreds of baby squirrels that fell from trees during Virginia storm are rescued, rehabilitated
09-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #795
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Squirrels in the news:
That is bad news, but good so many are helping save them. I asked Otis if he could help out and send a division of his Army Squirrels to help out. He said he was doing even better.....taking a vacation....uh, business trip.... to the Caribbean and raising cash from tourists on the white sandy beaches where he can solicit contributions from bikini clad lovelies. That Otis, a real humanitarian type squirrel!

Regards & thanks for that link!