Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #1801
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Go to post # 40378 in that thread Photolady...it is all there.
Hey, I don't follow that thread and had to rummage through 200 pages to get the lowdown on your situation...thanks!

All seriousness aside, that is some scary stuff! But so good to hear things are starting to turn in your favor. It's true that those steroids will mess with you! About 10 yrs ago when the doctors were trying to figure out my autoimmune condition, I was on huge doses of prednisone. I would be able to sleep one night out of three, and I ate like a starved dog! But they did the trick and sped up the healing process. Hope they do the same for you! Keep up your spirits and of course your sense of humor . We'll do that Tex-Mex or fried catfish (or other equally unhealthy food) lunch of these days. Regards to Mrs Rupert too! Take care.

09-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #1802
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

direct link to the post where Rupert tells his tale

why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - Page 7 - PentaxForums.com

here is hoping he progresses well
09-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #1803
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
We'll do that Tex-Mex or fried catfish (or other equally unhealthy food) lunch of these days. Regards to Mrs Rupert too! Take care.
Hope we can do that Paul........I'd love it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
here is hoping he progresses well
Thank you!

Looks like I may go home tomorrow late or early Thurs? Hope so, I am so tired of hospital living.

Regards!
09-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #1804
Pentaxian

Been enjoying the many recent fine squirrel shots posted here. As some may know, I am in the hospital and will be missing in action for a while. I hope to be back here sooner than later and post a few more handsome squirrels. Meanwhile, many thanks to you guys/gals for keeping this one of the favorite threads here at PForums!

Best Regards!
Rupert
I wish you all my best for a quick recovery. I will try to get one of my Delaware squirrels (eastern grays) to stop by for a get well picture.

09-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #1805
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
I wish you all my best for a quick recovery. I will try to get one of my Delaware squirrels (eastern grays) to stop by for a get well picture.
Thank you! Do post us some squirrels.......we kinda like them here!

Regards!
09-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #1806
Forum Member

Thank you! Do post us some squirrels.......we kinda like them here!

Regards!
I would also like to add my best wishes to you and yours, in recognition of the great enjoyment I have gotten following the adventures of your friends.
09-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #1807
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bamtax Quote
I would also like to add my best wishes to you and yours, in recognition of the great enjoyment I have gotten following the adventures of your friends.
Thank you! Just the other day Otis mentioned........."Where is Bamtax? ........I like that Bamtax!"

Best Regards
Rupert

09-20-2017, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #1808
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Watching for Otis:

Wash it first;

And find a safe place to eat it:
09-20-2017, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #1809
Pentaxian

An older picture all the way back from 2010 of a very cooperative squirrel in New York Citys central park. I am surprised how well a picture I got with a K10D and older DA 55-300. That combo has been replaced with K-3 and DA 55-300 PLM. I will be heading up to NYC later this fall and should get some similar shots of very tame Central Park squirrels
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
09-21-2017, 06:51 AM - 2 Likes   #1810
Veteran Member

These are from a while back as well... It took a bit of patience to earn trust...

but eventually we got there. I think this was my 18-135mm and EXIF shows it to be at 88mm for this. I was sitting on the ground and holding an off-camera flash in my other hand.

Honestly, I was trying to capture birds, but this one kept stealing the bait. :-)
09-23-2017, 10:42 AM - 2 Likes   #1811
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

too darn hot, I'm heading full speed for the shade

View Picture EXIF
Name:  IMGP6474a.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  146.4 KB

how do you spell relief --S-H-A-D-E

View Picture EXIF
Name:  IMGP6475a.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  142.1 KB
09-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #1812
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some nice squirrels by you guys.....you too Photolady! I have nothing....about this time every year my squirrels disappear, and I don't see them for up to 2-3 weeks. I saw one today but he was deep in the woods and nowhere near the feeders. I am not sure how to explain this? Nest building for winter....mating orgies.....giant keg parties deep in the woods???

They always come back, with Otis in the lead, but he has always refused to answer my inquiries as to where they have been. Same old line..."I can tell you but then I will have to kill you."

Regards!
09-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #1813
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

They always come back, with Otis in the lead, but he has always refused to answer my inquiries as to where they have been. Same old line..."I can tell you but then I will have to kill you."
I bet Otis is out there training his troops for taking over your world when gone those weeks, Rupert.

Mine disappear usually in October and I too have no idea where they go. It doesn't get cold enough here for them to wrry about cold weather.

I had something else show up in my backyard this evening, was too dark to get a decent shot but I did try.

I don't know if he was eating sunflower seeds or the bread pieces I put out earlier. Anyway, haven't seen one here in a while. My nephew said maybe the hurricane has him confused. LOL
09-24-2017, 06:28 AM   #1814
Pentaxian

Some nice squirrels by you guys.....you too Photolady! I have nothing....about this time every year my squirrels disappear, and I don't see them for up to 2-3 weeks. I saw one today but he was deep in the woods and nowhere near the feeders. I am not sure how to explain this? Nest building for winter....mating orgies.....giant keg parties deep in the woods???

Regards!
Very interesting! I am observing the same thing with my backyard squirrels here in northern Delaware. They are not even coming for the sunflower seeds in their squirrel feeder. I am 100% positive they will be back but wonder why they have gone into hiding. Lack of rain in the last 3 weeks, red tailed and coopers hawks? I do not know but the chickadees, titmice and cardinals are taking advantage of it. I am on lookout for when they will be back.
09-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #1815
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very interesting! I am observing the same thing with my backyard squirrels here in northern Delaware. They are not even coming for the sunflower seeds in their squirrel feeder. I am 100% positive they will be back but wonder why they have gone into hiding.
It is a mystery I experience every year......and have no real clue as to why or where they go? Here at 9AM my cedar fence is usually covered with squirrels.....today, there is not a single one in sight. My birds have thinned out too, since they use squirrels a lookouts for predators...and squirrels are gone.

Crazy stuff!
Regards!