QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Didn't Samsung already do that?
Samsung combines camera and smartphone again with Galaxy 2: Connect

06-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
My link was to the much better F65.

"Joe and I liked the way it looked. I think it suited this movie. Some of it is kind of clinical and Joe liked the Sony look on Tron. So he said, “Keep it going, let’s be on the cutting edge.” I shot camera tests. For Oblivion, the look of this movie was F65.

Describing a look from cameras and lenses can be almost like describing a wine. What is the particular look of a Sony F65?

It’s a little cleaner. It’s very resolute and it has a huge color gamut. All these new cameras need to be properly treated. There are certain advantages of Alexa on some shows and of F65 on others. I feel like I really have no allegiance toward any one camera. I just feel like a camera is used for the job."

Claudio Miranda, ASC on “Oblivion” | Film and Digital Times

Oblivion 2013 Extensive Behind the Scenes Inside Look - YouTube

Fair enough.

Since our conversation has developed into an irrelevant off topic sidebar that no on cares about but us I'd like to suggest removing the irrelevant portions.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 06-29-2014 at 12:45 AM.
06-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Yeah but it's small. A P&S you can carry in a jacket pocket. This is going to be BIG!
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Deleted due to being way off topic and so uninteresting that if you had read my previous and equally off-topic posts you wouldn't even notice this one being deleted because you would have fallen asleep before you got to this one.
Wish I read that post

---------- Post added 07-09-14 at 11:13 PM ----------

I think they did just that......

07-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
Wish I read that post

---------- Post added 07-09-14 at 11:13 PM ----------

I think they did just that......
I wouldn't have deleted it if I thought anyone here would be interested in the least, I promise. It was an amazing display of self indulgence on my part. I am not against off topic posting to a certain degree and this was not that degree. Off topic stuff can oftentimes be interesting, somewhat informative, and usually comes full circle. This was none of that. Again, I promise.