Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #46
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent shots and great report Mr Bassie, much appreciated! I can see a ton of fun and adventure ahead for you with the X30.
If anyone will full screen that last shot on Flickr, they will see just how sharp and detailed it really is....superb for a small camera...or any camera!
Look forward to seeing many more from you with the X30!

Regards!

10-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RyanW Quote
A bigger sensor would have been nicer, but having used an X10 and an RX100 which I still own, the Fuji was the nicer of the two for usability. The RX100 is pretty futzy small for anything but putting in in P or Auto and pressing the button. Of course I've never thought Sony understood usability when it comes to cameras. They get points for specs and innovation, but usability, not so much.

I was looking for a compact that is not the RX100 that has a 1 inch or larger sensor. I think the upcoming LX8 might be it, or the rumored fixed lens m4/3.
Can you elaborate on this a little more? What is it about the RX100 that you don't like? I haven't used one myself but it seems to be considered one of the best compact camera's money can buy...
12-09-2014, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Well looks like I am also a owner of the X30, picked one up 2nd had for about £200 off the list price, which I could deal with.
The extra features were a draw for me, and I would like to explore video a bit more, fuji's aren't the best for Video but I like Fuji's for the photos and will do more of that then Video.

Should be here today or tomorrow but will be put away until Christmas

Cheers, Steve
12-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #49
Veteran Member

X30 came today! Had a quick look and has to say it feels better in hand, didn't get much of a look at it as it was put right away for Christmas I did have a quick look at the screen and EVF but as it has just come in from a cold van it started to fog up so wasn't giving much away!
tell you what was nice which I forgot about, it came with a X30 case which £70 on it's on, so close to a £300 saving buying 2nd hand, both boxed and in perfect condition!

Cheers, Steve

12-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #50
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
X30 came today!
Congrats Skank! I look forward to the results in your good hands...and so do the others on the Toy Camera thread as well as the Fuji thread!

Regards!