Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #1

mounting pentax on nikon?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

are there any special settings to be selected from Nikon menus when mounting Pentax lenses as I cannot prees the shutter after I mounted Pentax M 50 mm f1.7 on my Nikon D7000 through an adapter ..Thanx

12-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I haven't tried it yet. I sold all of my M42 (assuming that's what you're referring to) when I sold my K10D. The literature I have read recommends says it will only work in M or A mode, turning off AF and using spot or center-weighted metering (stopped down) for best accuracy. I also saw recommendations for manually entering what lens you're using for greater accuracy and for bettter exif data. I would assume that the K-mount adapter works the same.

Looks like you can use AF mode and get focus confirmation with this this gadget.
12-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #3

I'm not sure but I think you go into the setup menu and set non-cpu lens and enter the focal length and min/max f-stops.

You won't get infinity focus unless the adapter has an optical element.