Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok....I took a bite of the "dark side" apple:)

Still experimenting, but I like the small size...

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
12-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had a Canon Power Shot G9. Horrible camera. Way too much noise in low light situations. Gave it to my Granddaughter.
12-20-2014, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I had a Canon Power Shot G9. Horrible camera. Way too much noise in low light situations. Gave it to my Granddaughter.
What did you expect in a camera with a tiny sensor? It's like when people bash the Q for not being on par with apsc in image quality. Would you expect a Mini to beat a Ferrari Spider at Le Mans?
12-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've only recently had a Ricoh Point and shoot (WG-4?) so I can't compare, but for years I've kept a Panasonic Lumix series point and shoot, and IMO it's the best there is.

Frankly, while I love my K-5 and take it almost everywhere especially with a 40mm pancake lens, it is nice having a lightweight camera in my pocket, cellphones just aren't there quite yet.

12-20-2014, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
What did you expect in a camera with a tiny sensor? It's like when people bash the Q for not being on par with apsc in image quality. Would you expect a Mini to beat a Ferrari Spider at Le Mans?
Agreed, I kinda got suckered into it by my Canon loving friend. You know the kind I mean, kinda like us, the Pentax lovers.
12-20-2014, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Still experimenting, but I like the small size...
Congratulations! .....but....you posted in the wrong place! You should have posted here where we would welcome you and not condemn because it is a Canon or has a little sensor and some noise.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/257...fess-here.html

What you have there is a Toy Camera, and they are wonderful! Just come on over to our thread and look around, post shots of your own and enjoy all the wonders that a Toy Camera can bring! We make no excuses, we just shoot and have fun, grabbing shots others miss with their Big Bulky machines, and count the money we save from the cost of a full system of lenses and gear....plus the chiropractic bills for easing the pain of carrying all that junk around!

Hope to see you and your new camera over there soon!
Regards!
Rupert
12-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The G7 X ain't no toy, Rupert.

12-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I've only recently had a Ricoh Point and shoot (WG-4?) so I can't compare, but for years I've kept a Panasonic Lumix series point and shoot, and IMO it's the best there is.

Frankly, while I love my K-5 and take it almost everywhere especially with a 40mm pancake lens, it is nice having a lightweight camera in my pocket, cellphones just aren't there quite yet.
I had a look at the Panasonic and Sony too, but the little bit extra zoom and empty wallet had the final say
12-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Congratulations! .....but....you posted in the wrong place! You should have posted here where we would welcome you and not condemn because it is a Canon or has a little sensor and some noise.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/257...fess-here.html

What you have there is a Toy Camera, and they are wonderful! Just come on over to our thread and look around, post shots of your own and enjoy all the wonders that a Toy Camera can bring! We make no excuses, we just shoot and have fun, grabbing shots others miss with their Big Bulky machines, and count the money we save from the cost of a full system of lenses and gear....plus the chiropractic bills for easing the pain of carrying all that junk around!

Hope to see you and your new camera over there soon!
Regards!
Rupert
Thanks, I'll join soon, have a short holiday in 2 weeks time
12-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
1" sensor 20MP, sounds good, but I realize what I bought can't compare with my K-5iis and limited lenses, but it should be better than my mobile phone, and that is the main reason I got it....I just can't take the K-5 everywhere even with the small limited lenses....
12-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
What he said. The Canon G series are serious tools masquerading as P&S.

Steve
12-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Thanks, I'll join soon, have a short holiday in 2 weeks time
We'll be looking for you! We don't critique for defects, defects are a part of what makes Toy Camera shots enticing. We aren't brand specific, we like them all! You can post whatever you like, we do all the time! Not to say we don't have some excellent Toy Camera shooters over there.....we have several. I like to use Mr Bassie as an example, he has several Toy Cameras and can make them shine!

One of my favorites from Mr Bassie......although he has many more I love. Who says Toy Cameras can't take wonderful shots!!!

Regards & hurry on over as soon as you can!