Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
That was one. I liked the one where it was looking at you and thinking "YUM! DINNER!"
LOL

Speaking of cats, I like this one of the fishing cat - it was quite small and quite far away, so this is the 70-300 at near maximum zoom

03-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Gorgeous, Chris. I really must make the effort to get down to the zoo some day soon (in winter I think, getting too old to do summer at the zoo). I haven't visited for about 20 years and I know its going to be way different to how I remember it.
03-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You guys got me curious, what are the advantages of the V2 over the V3? Whats the reasoning behind not getting the V3?

I've been wanting something between my Q and K3 for a while. I bought the OMD EM1, but it's too big, too close to the size of my K3. The XT1, same thing. But the Nikon 1 is smaller. I just wanna mount a 50mm equivalent prime and go out and shoot. Something to keep in the car, something to keep on my belt clip for fashion runway when my D800 bogs out worst case scenario.
03-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
You guys got me curious, what are the advantages of the V2 over the V3? Whats the reasoning behind not getting the V3?
V3:
- smaller battery
- Micro SD instead of SD
- no built in EVF
- EVF and flash share same connector, cannot use both at same time
- not available in white

The V2 is surprisingly really comfortable to grip and hold in my hands - feels completely natural and extension of myself. It's such a pleasure holding and using it - the A7r and lenses now feel heavy and uncomfortable - I don't even want to touch a DSLR again ever.

Going to Thailand on vacation in May - planning to take only the V2 plus lenses. I can have a whole kit full of lenses for the same weight as a DSLR and 1 lens.

03-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
V3:
- smaller battery
- Micro SD instead of SD
- no built in EVF
- EVF and flash share same connector, cannot use both at same time
- not available in white

The V2 is surprisingly really comfortable to grip and hold in my hands - feels completely natural and extension of myself. It's such a pleasure holding and using it - the A7r and lenses now feel heavy and uncomfortable - I don't even want to touch a DSLR again ever.

Going to Thailand on vacation in May - planning to take only the V2 plus lenses. I can have a whole kit full of lenses for the same weight as a DSLR and 1 lens.
Thanks. thats very helpful, I didn't realize it's micro SD. That alone messes me up for compatibility as I hate having multiple cards. The nice byproduct would be Micro-SD for V3, SD for K3, CF for D800. :P
03-13-2015, 05:12 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Thanks. thats very helpful, I didn't realize it's micro SD. That alone messes me up for compatibility as I hate having multiple cards. The nice byproduct would be Micro-SD for V3, SD for K3, CF for D800. :P
OH Kack! I'm contemplating a V2, even now, but never a V3, for me its the lack of VF (and massive expense for an addon unless you buy from the US where its included as part of their kits. Not for you, Australia)
03-17-2015, 05:43 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I'm holding out for a V4...

03-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I'm holding out for a V4...
J5 is coming out apparently. 20 megapixels and 4K recording.

But yes, a V4 would be welcome.
03-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Not interested if they are just going to increased pixels. Came really close to buying a 5D body the other day, $500. But I have no lenses.