Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Replacing Lens Mount on a D700

I want to replace the lens mount on the D700. The previous owner was obviously not careful at all about changing lenses and he did so frequently. It has significant scratching and even a small bend on the extreme outer edge, where the surface has raised up slightly. In a roundabout way, I found out that several bayonets will fit the same camera. For instance, the D200 mount will fit the D700. The D200, D300, D700, D3X all supposedly share the exact same part. I just wanted to know if there is anything in particular one should know about changing the mount. It looks very simple. Also, should the screws be torqued to a certain spec? How important is this? Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/atiimjones

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
change, d200, d700, lens, mount, nikon, repair