Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2015, 03:24 AM   #1

Confused about the AV jack on my 1000d

Hello, I'd like to use the AV output on my 1000d.
I lack the cable and worse even after some research do not know which one I need.

The manual here, http://files.canon-europe.com/files/soft31311/manual/CUG_EOS1000D_EN_Flat.pdf , shows the AV cable as being this one on page 3

This website and some others advertises these AV cables: Video AV Cable/Cord for Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR Camera

I'm looking up what cables I'm going to need to use Back Yard EOS and maybe that helps...

In the meantime:

My camera:

Thanks!
John

03-16-2015, 05:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Page 3 of the manual call this the "Video Cable VC-100".

Ebay has a bunch of these cables for fair prices. Just search for "Video Cable VC-100" and you'll see the results.
03-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Iksobarg Quote

This website and some others advertises these AV cables: Video AV Cable/Cord for Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR Camera
that is way wrong, and it doesn't match the picture in the manual.

the picture above has a usb connection on the end, and the port on the camera for it has a usb logo.

the middle port on the camera looks like a remote trigger port.

the video port is round.

for most cameras, other way to do this is to remove the memory stick, and plug it into a computer, no need for the cable.