Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A7rII in May

The 12th of April a new HDC4300 camcorder is scheduled for release.

23rd of April a new RX or A-mount camera will be released.

But in May Sony will be releasing multiple new E-mount cameras. The A7rII will be expected to be included in that batch.

This A7rII will surely introduce the 5 axis stabilisation of the A7II and is rumored to have either the same 36mp sensor or the new 50mp sensor.

(SR4) New Sony E-mount camera (A7rII?) to be announced in mid May. Shipment in June. | sonyalpharumors

Hope that this will put some used A7II's on the market.

04-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If they finally allow for uncompressed RAW files in the A7rII, I will put my A7II on the market. I'm really torn between getting the Zeiss FE 35mm F/1.4 and the 90mm Macro, or waiting and getting the Pentax FF and new glass. I need to figure out what direction I'm going to go.
06-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey considering switching to the a7ii. Mostly shoot landscapes and portraits so manual focus point wont be so much of an issue (what with the face detect af), but i was watching a review (tony northrup) and they said that one downside of a smaller system is that the buttons are harder to use. In particular, they said that they were trying to change af points and they were accidentally doing other things.. Has anyone who uses the a7ii had a similar experience?
06-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
Hey considering switching to the a7ii. Mostly shoot landscapes and portraits so manual focus point wont be so much of an issue (what with the face detect af), but i was watching a review (tony northrup) and they said that one downside of a smaller system is that the buttons are harder to use. In particular, they said that they were trying to change af points and they were accidentally doing other things.. Has anyone who uses the a7ii had a similar experience?
Can't say I have had any problems. I have fat fingers. The A7M2 is a perfect size for me. I spend my time shooting, rather than messing with controls. It's a hobby for me. I want it to be fun. If people want to waste their one shot through life worrying and complaining about cameras and camera features, go for it. I take my time and pay attention to what I am doing. No one camera can be everything to everyone.

06-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
I have only had it happen once. I let someone use the camera and when they gave it back it was set to WB bracketing. I have no idea how he bumped it. I'm use to Pentax, which is already a small body. Tony is use to the Canon 5DIII which is a big body. The problem might be with how he is use to using the camera.

I don't find the buttons hard to use. Once I have them set I typically only use the control dials.