Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
On sensor PDAF could possibly also be used to improve AF-C.
It could at least do a read-out of focus when the image is captured to tell if the focus was as expected.

06-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #17

Original Poster
I suspect we will get a "crippled" version of this chip but you never know. Pentax already has the worst af system compared to other dslr brands so it shouldn't hurt to try new things to improve it. And i doubt they will introduce 4K or other "serious" video features to FF.

As long as upcoming FF can make D750 to look like a toy its a win for us. Pentax needs a camera like A7rii that can be called "game changer".
I don't like using the term of game changer but this camera really has some serious features both on video and stills.
06-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
this camera really has some serious features both on video and stills
For the price, it should !
06-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
I suspect we will get a "crippled" version of this chip but you never know. Pentax already has the worst af system compared to other dslr brands so it shouldn't hurt to try new things to improve it. And i doubt they will introduce 4K or other "serious" video features to FF.

As long as upcoming FF can make D750 to look like a toy its a win for us. Pentax needs a camera like A7rii that can be called "game changer".
I don't like using the term of game changer but this camera really has some serious features both on video and stills.
Built in SR, pixel shift for AA and high resolution, smaller native lenses are already pros sharing D750.
It's just like k5 vs d7k all over again, except that Pentax learned new tricks with the SR mechanism and upped some on the AF and metering.
There are also small but really nice stuff like how bracketing range is anything you want to set, LV focus peaking, better timer release options, etc, which has always been on a Pentax.
These are often not touted as features, because few tout them to be even though they really are nicer.

Pentax needs more than just a spec sheet comparison to 'win'.
It's marketing, public perception.
They always made fine cameras vs the competition, win some loose some.

I can't really be to bothered.
As long as they come out with one within my means to buy one, I will get one.
Any other one upmanship does not concern me

06-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

That the new sensor for the FF, Kenspo is silent , I hope you understand why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-13-2015, 02:46 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Built in SR, pixel shift for AA and high resolution, smaller native lenses are already pros sharing D750.
It's just like k5 vs d7k all over again, except that Pentax learned new tricks with the SR mechanism and upped some on the AF and metering.
There are also small but really nice stuff like how bracketing range is anything you want to set, LV focus peaking, better timer release options, etc, which has always been on a Pentax.
These are often not touted as features, because few tout them to be even though they really are nicer.

Pentax needs more than just a spec sheet comparison to 'win'.
It's marketing, public perception.
They always made fine cameras vs the competition, win some loose some.

I can't really be to bothered.
As long as they come out with one within my means to buy one, I will get one.
Any other one upmanship does not concern me
Ergonomics, menu system and size were the main factors that made me sell my 5D mk2 for a K5ii. There is no such thing as a bad camera today, even the cheapest dslrs are able to take stunning photos and most of them packing 24mp sensors already. I believe people should stop complaining about features such as MP and DR and focus on ergonomic + price when choosing gear. Because in the end its 6inches behind the camera that matters