Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8402 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2022, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #4381
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Very nice. If it had some grain to it then it'd look like film!

08-18-2022, 11:14 AM - 5 Likes   #4382

Photos: Gallery

XT-2 @ XF18-55
08-18-2022, 01:40 PM - 4 Likes   #4383
Pentaxian

A few more recents with the X-E2 & TTArtisan 35mm f/1.4. Excellent little biking-around camera it is too!
08-18-2022, 02:06 PM - 3 Likes   #4384
Pentaxian

08-18-2022, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #4385
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
X-H1 + S-M-C Macro-Takumar 100mm f4

08-19-2022, 03:20 AM - 1 Like   #4386
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomek_j Quote

XT-2 @ XF18-55
Very nice indeed.
08-19-2022, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #4387

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

ONLY thing not mentioned on that crossing sign is the "ignore, RUN, you may make it"

08-19-2022, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #4388

my fuji xpro3 and 14mm f2.8 lens arrived finally from Keh yesterday. It looks new but were advertised as EX. I'm happy to have another camera to learn. I got outside very briefly today to try out the system.
I took a half a dozen shots, spread between mono chrome and velvia. and downloaded them to my computer to look more closely. I don't know if I like the tones on the velvia, But, the capture in Raw is quite nice.

Saying all this, I need to get a different photo processing software. I seem to be collecting a lot of files since I upgraded my pentax in March - and my photoshop program is on a laptop, 3 versions ago. I bought corel in March to see if it had any benefits to it - and maybe it's just me - but it seems to be a very challenging (not user friendly) program - I have not figured out how to open up RAW in it, yet.

Anyone have any advice on whether the Capture One/light room conversation? I have read that it's extremely good with Fuji, thoughts for working on Pentax DNG files?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196328997@N06/52297254338/in/album-72177720301437963/

Last edited by RoseyD; 08-19-2022 at 03:56 PM. Reason: adding link to picture
08-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #4389
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoseyD Quote
my fuji xpro3 and 14mm f2.8 lens arrived finally from Keh yesterday. It looks new but were advertised as EX. I'm happy to have another camera to learn. I got outside very briefly today to try out the system.
I took a half a dozen shots, spread between mono chrome and velvia. and downloaded them to my computer to look more closely. I don't know if I like the tones on the velvia, But, the capture in Raw is quite nice.

Saying all this, I need to get a different photo processing software. I seem to be collecting a lot of files since I upgraded my pentax in March - and my photoshop program is on a laptop, 3 versions ago. I bought corel in March to see if it had any benefits to it - and maybe it's just me - but it seems to be a very challenging (not user friendly) program - I have not figured out how to open up RAW in it, yet.

Anyone have any advice on whether the Capture One/light room conversation? I have read that it's extremely good with Fuji, thoughts for working on Pentax DNG files?

14 mm fuji lens fuji xpro3 | testing the jpg colors, intense? | Flickr

I use ON1 Photo Raw on all my photos - but I don't shoot anything in RAW....
08-19-2022, 08:39 PM - 2 Likes   #4390
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

08-20-2022, 07:17 AM - 3 Likes   #4391

Photos: Albums

I use Capture one for Fuji and Pentax files for the purpose of uniformity across cameras with some styles that I worked out between the two systems, That said, one of the big reasons I went to Fuji was for their film simulations and jpeg. They are so good that I don't use the Fuji raw files unless there is a picture I am trying to rescue and most of the time I wind up not using that one anyway. Once you fall into the black hole of Fuji recipes you may feel the same. Choosing one film type to use with the X Pro 3 and adapting manual focus lens is the closest I can come to the film days when I first started. Someone once made the analogy of a manual transmission car vs an automatic. I enjoy the tactile, manual experience. I guess what I am saying is you may find that you like the OoC images enough that you may not need software.

---------- Post added 08-20-22 at 07:20 AM ----------

Revisiting a lens I haven't used in awhile.
Fuji Acros film simulation in camera with a little contrast and vignette added in C1

X Pro 3 + Pentax M 28mm f/2

08-20-2022, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #4392
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
I use Capture one for Fuji and Pentax files for the purpose of uniformity across cameras with some styles that I worked out between the two systems, That said, one of the big reasons I went to Fuji was for their film simulations and jpeg. They are so good that I don't use the Fuji raw files unless there is a picture I am trying to rescue and most of the time I wind up not using that one anyway. Once you fall into the black hole of Fuji recipes you may feel the same. Choosing one film type to use with the X Pro 3 and adapting manual focus lens is the closest I can come to the film days when I first started. Someone once made the analogy of a manual transmission car vs an automatic. I enjoy the tactile, manual experience. I guess what I am saying is you may find that you like the OoC images enough that you may not need software.

---------- Post added 08-20-22 at 07:20 AM ----------

Revisiting a lens I haven't used in awhile.
Fuji Acros film simulation in camera with a little contrast and vignette added in C1

X Pro 3 + Pentax M 28mm f/2
i am no expert , for sure ; but agree , with fuji , why do you need software .
08-21-2022, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #4393
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

I purchased CAPTURE 1 for my Fuji camera system about 2 years ago on the advice from several people on a FUJI forum. It was very good advice. When I shoot raw using CAPTURE 1 I can immediately tell the difference in sharpeners and rendering compared to my IMAC Photos software. And the best part is you only pay once and aren’t subject to some forever ending subscription BS.

When I only shoot JPEG then PHOTOS software on my iMac is just fine. But if you shoot RAW then I recommend getting capture 1.
08-21-2022, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #4394
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 + TTArtisans 23mm f1.4

08-21-2022, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #4395
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter