Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8388 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2022, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #4396

Nice picture. My bananas look much browner than that when the baking begins. I love everything sweet.

08-21-2022, 09:36 AM   #4397
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I purchased CAPTURE 1 for my Fuji camera system about 2 years ago on the advice from several people on a FUJI forum. It was very good advice. When I shoot raw using CAPTURE 1 I can immediately tell the difference in sharpeners and rendering compared to my IMAC Photos software. And the best part is you only pay once and aren’t subject to some forever ending subscription BS.

When I only shoot JPEG then PHOTOS software on my iMac is just fine. But if you shoot RAW then I recommend getting capture 1.
IMO, C1 rendering is good, one of the things I wish Fujifilm would copy from Pentax is the variety of JPG sharpening settings. I pointed this out to their dev. team a long time ago, but sadly I'm not doing their "walk" tours any more....
08-21-2022, 05:02 PM - 2 Likes   #4398

I'm inspiring my best friend to take up photography, with my weekend visits carrying gear. I brought both cameras, and a few lenses and played. When we got back inside from exploring her back yard - she told her husband to find their old camera (nikon) - and then, a bit later in the conversation, she began asking about an upgrade... I suggested two ideas to him, Pentax K3iii and fuji. (both with idea that I could share some of my glass with her while she figures out what she enjoys shooting)

DSCF0837 | Rosey D | Flickr

This is one of my practice shots using an old voigtlander lens that's been long unused with my Leica film days kit. It was a challenge to work out the menus to use this lens fully manually. the majority of the photos taken yesterday with it, are a bit softer than I like. It may be one of the challenges of needing glasses and not committing to using them (except for readers).

DSCF0838 | Rosey D | Flickr

and because I'm really enjoying the idea that I'm inspiring a friend to enjoy this hobby.

IMGP0863 | Rosey D | Flickr
(taken with my Pentax) I let her try both set to auto. - I think her hubby may label me a bad friend. LOL.

IMGP0864 | Rosey D | Flickr
I really like the D FA 100 mm F2.8 macro.
08-22-2022, 01:34 AM - 5 Likes   #4399
Pentaxian

As always, the X-E2 & TTArtisan 35mm f/1.4.

08-22-2022, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #4400

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote

As always, the X-E2 & TTArtisan 35mm f/1.4.
I think I may buy one of these Ttartisan lenses after seeing some of the photos posted here. My LBA is itching to begin again

---------- Post added 08-22-22 at 10:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
IMO, C1 rendering is good, one of the things I wish Fujifilm would copy from Pentax is the variety of JPG sharpening settings. I pointed this out to their dev. team a long time ago, but sadly I'm not doing their "walk" tours any more....
You aren't making it easy to decide. I do shoot both fuji and pentax. And I expect more Raw editing in my future.

Does this mean to avoid the one time purchase as there are more software updates required?
08-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #4401
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoseyD Quote
I think I may buy one of these Ttartisan lenses after seeing some of the photos posted here. My LBA is itching to begin again
If it helps, I think I only paid about £50 for this one!
08-22-2022, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #4402

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
If it helps, I think I only paid about £50 for this one!
Yeah, sure - very helpful - lol! I think first I must use all the adaptors I bought, and decide which old glass I'd want to keep in a carry bag. Are any of them mirroring these Ttartisan images.

Give me a few weeks, and then I'll decide whether it's time to shop again.

08-23-2022, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #4403
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, sure - very helpful - lol! I think first I must use all the adaptors I bought, and decide which old glass I'd want to keep in a carry bag. Are any of them mirroring these Ttartisan images.

Give me a few weeks, and then I'll decide whether it's time to shop again.

I have the TTArtisan 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 40/2.8 Macro, and the 50/1.2 - all are solid, quality lenses....

I am particularly taken with the 40 Macro and the 50/1.2:

TTArtisan 40mm f2.8 Macro (X-Mount) | Flickr

TT Artisan 50mm f1.2 (x-mount) | Flickr
08-23-2022, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #4404
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-H1 + S-M-C Macro-Takumar 100mm f4

08-23-2022, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #4405
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wish that TT Artisans would do their own 25mm f1.8 (or 1.4...) with a clicked aperture ring for X-mount. My Sigma 24 EX DG isn't bad at all but it's quite a large package with a mount adapter included. This is assuming that they'd do one up to the standard of their other lenses and a clear step above the existing low cost 25's out there already.
08-23-2022, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #4406
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I wish that TT Artisans would do their own 25mm f1.8 (or 1.4...) with a clicked aperture ring for X-mount. My Sigma 24 EX DG isn't bad at all but it's quite a large package with a mount adapter included. This is assuming that they'd do one up to the standard of their other lenses and a clear step above the existing low cost 25's out there already.
have you tried the TTArtisan 23/1.4??

aperture ring has nice clicks, lens is sharp & colorful & tiny & cheap!!
08-23-2022, 08:03 AM - 2 Likes   #4407
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
have you tried the TTArtisan 23/1.4??

aperture ring has nice clicks, lens is sharp & colorful & tiny & cheap!!
You know, I should have considered that and not worried about the very slightly longer focal length. Good point. If I keep the Fuji camera I bought I will strongly consider it.
08-23-2022, 03:08 PM   #4408
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

---------- Post added 08-22-22 at 10:23 AM ----------

You aren't making it easy to decide. I do shoot both fuji and pentax. And I expect more Raw editing in my future.

Does this mean to avoid the one time purchase as there are more software updates required?
Well, you get a free version of C1 to use for Fujifilm - this may be enough for you to decide whether you like the interface and outcomes, then yes, C1 has an option for perpetual licence (purchase).
08-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #4409
Pentaxian

PIXEL SHIFT coming to Fuji???

...Its a rumour but could be reality in a few weeks.

The new 40mp sensor will deliver 160mp PS images, who has a spare hard drive to store them?
08-24-2022, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #4410
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-H1 + S-M-C Macro-Takumar 100mm f4