Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8397 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2022, 08:16 AM   #4441
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
echoing from the above statement - there is no screw-drive on any x-body...

08-29-2022, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #4442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Elias Paniki Quote
Hi, I've sold my pentax Q, lens and everything to get a Fuji X-T10 and a few other vintage lenses. I'm quite interested in adapting K mount lenses. This particular one has caught my attention.

The Pentax F 80-200 4.7. Yes, the plastic one. I was wondering if any of you have tried this, or does it work fine manual if I use a typicak PK to FX mount? Thanks!

SMC Pentax-F 80-200mm F4.7-5.6 Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
I'm curious why you would pick that lens. Nearly all of the F series lenses have horrible focus rings and it will be manual focus only on a Fuji as there's no adapter that would give you screw drive autofocus on a Fuji body. Better to go looking for something manual focus or an autofocus lens that is known to handle decently when used as a manual focus lens.

Honestly most lower cost consumer telephoto zooms are not worth messing with vs. what you can get today. If cost is an issue a DA 55-300 non-PLM + any Pentax crop body would be my preference. Tamron's 18-300 for Fuji X would also be nice though they are many times the cost of a used early DA 55-300.
08-29-2022, 09:14 AM   #4443
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I've sold my pentax Q, lens and everything to get a Fuji X-T10 and a few other vintage lenses. I'm quite interested in adapting K mount lenses.
Of course the K mount lenses are great, just be careful not to get one that doesn't have an aperture dial, I think the DA and D-FA lenses? Somebody who knows Pentax lenses better than me, help me out. The Takumar screw thread lenses have all the good Pentax optical qualities and in my opinion are better built. The M42 adapter is simple and cheap, and works great on my X-T20. I've had fun adapting Takumar and other Pentax lenses, Nikkors, Zuikos, Canons - just about anything will adapt to a Fuji mount.
08-29-2022, 09:31 AM   #4444
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FA-J lenses didn't have aperture rings either. I'm using an adapter that does control the stop-down linkage to provide some control over the aperture over DA etc lenses that don't have aperture rings. I only got it for the DA 15 really although it provides an alternative control for how to deal with k-mount lenses that do offer aperture rings. Set the aperture on the ring, focus wide open, then use the adapter's ring to stop the lens down for metering and taking the picture. A bit like using the auto/manual switch on M42 lenses that are equipped as such.

08-29-2022, 01:40 PM   #4445
Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to try some of that focal length of 80 - 200, crop factor included. But I'm worried about shooting handheld with it. (fuji x series isn't really a fan of IBIS). My curiosity started when I saw this SMC Pentax-M 80-200mm F4.5 Reviews - M Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database being sold near me at £30 and seems to be in very good condition, but the lens appears to be a push-pull type of zoom, hence why I'm worried about handling. Of course, I could always compensate one way or another but shutter speed or a tripod (which I'm trying to avoid). But I also saw the Pentax F 80 - 200 which, I gather isn't the most popular of the Pentax lens line, but the plastic build and the in-body zoom mechanism make for a nice compact, light version of the Pentax M I gather.

I don't mind shooting manual, I've used M42 lenses and 7artisan 9/10 times more than my kit lens XF 18-55. I'm worried if this Pentax F lens can work manual too if adapted to a fuji X. I cannot find a lot of info about it sadly.

Also, I've dabbled around the idea of getting a Pentax camera but that's another set of research and a whole new system. (and I don't know if the pentax K-s1 is any good).
08-29-2022, 01:41 PM - 3 Likes   #4446
Pentaxian

A lovely, super-sunny spin-out with my wife was had today. Really enjoyable (when people were watching where they were going on the divided, shared promenade).
X-E2 & TTArtisan 35mm f/1.4.
08-29-2022, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #4447
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoseyD Quote
OMG! The pancake 27 WR - it's on my to buy list.
https://alikgriffin.com/fujifilm-27mm-f2-8-review-sample-photos/

---------- Post added 08-30-22 at 08:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I'm pretty sure there's no screw-drive on any Fujifilm gear...
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
echoing from the above statement - there is no screw-drive on any x-body..
Ok, Ive amended my text.

On the older bodies it feels "screw driven" but its not as slow as the real McCoy(Pentax screw driven).

On the newer bodies with updated processors its reasonable AF speed(for a Fuji,I haven't used the latest and greatest which has almost caught Sony/Canon level apparently)

08-30-2022, 03:58 AM - 2 Likes   #4448
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 + Super-Takumar 55mm f2

08-30-2022, 06:50 AM   #4449
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to try some of that focal length of 80 - 200, crop factor included. But I'm worried about shooting handheld with it. (fuji x series isn't really a fan of IBIS). My curiosity started when I saw this SMC Pentax-M 80-200mm F4.5 Reviews - M Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database being sold near me at £30 and seems to be in very good condition, but the lens appears to be a push-pull type of zoom, hence why I'm worried about handling. Of course, I could always compensate one way or another but shutter speed or a tripod (which I'm trying to avoid). But I also saw the Pentax F 80 - 200 which, I gather isn't the most popular of the Pentax lens line, but the plastic build and the in-body zoom mechanism make for a nice compact, light version of the Pentax M I gather.

I don't mind shooting manual, I've used M42 lenses and 7artisan 9/10 times more than my kit lens XF 18-55. I'm worried if this Pentax F lens can work manual too if adapted to a fuji X. I cannot find a lot of info about it sadly.

Also, I've dabbled around the idea of getting a Pentax camera but that's another set of research and a whole new system. (and I don't know if the pentax K-s1 is any good).
TBH all the zooms I've tried from the film autofocus era have been horrible, both in image quality and in feel. At that time Pentax were moving quickly down-market chasing the more price-conscious user.

For good images and an enjoyable experience stick to the zooms in the K, M and A series.
08-30-2022, 09:59 AM   #4450
Pentaxian

I wanted to try some of that focal length of 80 - 200, crop factor included.
The plastic mount 50-230 can be had pretty cheaply and does a great job IF you have reasonable light.
08-30-2022, 10:55 AM   #4451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 zooms are supposed to be pretty good. I think there are lenses from that era that perform well. But they're rare vs. not great glass from the same era. They're also large and heavy.

I would rather get a DA-L 55-300 for ~$75 USD and a $30 adapter that allows for linkage control vs almost any comparable zoom from the Pentax F or FA collection.

I would say that my Tokina 19-35 is from the AF film era and isn't bad to use manually. So they're out there. But they're kind of rare.
08-30-2022, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #4452

I have both the M80-200 and M75-150 that I use on my XPro 3 from time to time and I think they work great. The M75-150 is smaller so I prefer it of the two on Fuji but the images from either are good in my opinion. This set was shot using only the M50 1.7 and M75-150. The zoom has a different color cast then the prime but can be fixed in post with WB. BRZ Vintage.
08-31-2022, 03:56 AM   #4453
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-H1 + S-M-C Macro-Takumar 100mm f4

08-31-2022, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #4454

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
X-H1 + S-M-C Macro-Takumar 100mm f4

Love the photo and the subject. Always have room for coffee!
08-31-2022, 04:59 PM   #4455
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
Love the photo and the subject. Always have room for coffee!
thank you...