Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #1

iPhone printing options - from Australia preferably

On a recent holiday in Cairns I took a landscape panorama that I love. I'd like to have it printed professionally, possibly on canvas, as a wedding anniversary gift to my husband.
I don't want to use Harvey Norman - I'll keep it brief & say that I don't like them - and I wasn't happy with images I printed at Office Works. Has anyone used an online store that produces quality prints from iPhones?

09-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not sure what level of quality you might expect from printing an iPhone image, but NuLab will do a pro job. Snapfish may also be an option.

Otherwise, perhaps try your nearest CameraHouse/Teds/DigiDirect/DigitalCameraWarehouse? At least with a local walk-in camera store like CameraHouse, you will be able to get a direct feel for the product, and output, which may make the process of tuning the output to get what you want quicker and more efficient.
09-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #3

Original Poster
unfortunately there is no camera store where I live; i should've mentioned that in my original post. Online is the only option I have.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out
09-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If I may ask, what is lacking in the quality of the prints you have already made from the phone? I may go as far as to suggest that the quality of the prints are a direct reflection of the quality of the photo files. Blowing up something too large from an Iphone file may not get you the same results as what you are seeing on a 5 inch screen.

Jason

09-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Blowing up something too large from an Iphone file may not get you the same results as what you are seeing on a 5 inch screen.
But, but ... Apple is printing iPhone photos on billboards, posters and print ads.

Apple Is Putting Users' Beautiful iPhone 6 Photos on Billboards and Print Ads | Adweek
09-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
But, but ... Apple is printing iPhone photos on billboards, posters and print ads.

Apple Is Putting Users' Beautiful iPhone 6 Photos on Billboards and Print Ads | Adweek
Viewed from 100 ft away at 60 mph...not bad!

Jason
09-24-2015, 04:39 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
If I may ask, what is lacking in the quality of the prints you have already made from the phone? I may go as far as to suggest that the quality of the prints are a direct reflection of the quality of the photo files. Blowing up something too large from an Iphone file may not get you the same results as what you are seeing on a 5 inch screen.

Jason
I'm happy with the quality of the iPhone prints I've made at home. I can only print up to A4 size, but what I've printed I've been happy with.
I was curious to try printing larger, so tried the print service available at my local office works store. I printed the next size up from 4x6 (I can't recall the exact size, I'm sleep deprived & not thinking straight). I didn't want to make a large print without testing the quality first. The result was horrid. It's difficult to explain, but the ink just looked, well, wrong. In the same batch of 10 photos I also printed a couple of photos from my Pentax & the quality was also as bad. Perhaps it was the printer? I don't know, but I no longer want to use office works.
I rang digital camera warehouse yesterday, the guy I spoke to was really helpful & assured me that they've achieved great photos from the iPhone 6. I'm going to use their software on the weekend to upload the image. Once I receive it, I'll post my feedback here.

10-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #8

Original Poster
Finally able to provide feedback on my printing experience with Digital Camera Warehouse.
After almost four weeks & having not seen anything in the mail, I called them. I had thought that as I only ordered 2 photos my small order was perhaps put aside for larger ones. Turns out there had been a mix up. They were printed; the print team assumed the mail team had collected them & sent them, which they hadn't done. Once the mistake was picked up they express posted them to me.
I am happy with the quality of the printing & how easy it is to upload files to their system. The size of panorama I selected was the largest size their software recommended, based on the type/size of file. So I have a 12 X 24 inch print, that I'm happy with.
I recommend using them, and will use them in future. Now I need to find a frame in the correct size :-)