Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2016, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Now I feel very Art Deco:

04-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Digging up an ancient thread, because there aren't many on TLRs.......I haven't shot film in 10-12 years and 99% of it was on 35m Tri-X 400. I've been trying to declutter the house a little and came across an old Yashica-A that I'd picked up at some point. My processing and darkroom equipment is long gone, so but I'm tempted to run a few rolls through it and ship them off for processing.

It's been a long, long time since I've run any 120 through this camera, but I remember that focusing was always difficult for me since it doesn't have a split image or prism. I'm curious if there is a special TLR method that I need to figure out.
02-07-2022, 10:37 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
Digging up an ancient thread, because there aren't many on TLRs.......I haven't shot film in 10-12 years and 99% of it was on 35m Tri-X 400. I've been trying to declutter the house a little and came across an old Yashica-A that I'd picked up at some point. My processing and darkroom equipment is long gone, so but I'm tempted to run a few rolls through it and ship them off for processing.

It's been a long, long time since I've run any 120 through this camera, but I remember that focusing was always difficult for me since it doesn't have a split image or prism. I'm curious if there is a special TLR method that I need to figure out.
I just bought a Zeiss icoflex not got it yet. We need to start a new group
02-10-2022, 02:47 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I just bought a Zeiss icoflex not got it yet. We need to start a new group
I've gone down the full rabbit hole over the past few months. I've shelved my DSLR and have been shooting almost exclusively on film....

I've shot a couple roles with the Yashica, but it's got issues....A previous owner seems to have attempted a DIY CLA it at some point and mangled the tabs that hold the spring clips for the focusing screen in place, which I discovered when I decided to install a Bright Screen.

I tried to bend the tabs back into place, but lost one due to metal fatigue.

02-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I've gone down the full rabbit hole over the past few months. I've shelved my DSLR and have been shooting almost exclusively on film....

I've shot a couple roles with the Yashica, but it's got issues....A previous owner seems to have attempted a DIY CLA it at some point and mangled the tabs that hold the spring clips for the focusing screen in place, which I discovered when I decided to install a Bright Screen.

I tried to bend the tabs back into place, but lost one due to metal fatigue.
My Zeiss arrived and its really nice but the mirror is knackered. Its really easy to replace not god knows how I will get it fixed. Time to ask the question in the main forum
Attached Images