Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Camera for Video & Portraits/Macro Work

I am looking to spec a camera for work use.

I have been asked to look into a camera that can perform two roles:

Video - Talking Head and waist/head style interviews
Photo - Product and Macro photography, Head/Portrait shots

I may well keep using my K-3II for walk around/VIP Visit use, and keep this camera setup in a specific room/studio on a tripod so size/weight is unimportant.

From looking around, the cameras that seem to fit the bill are the Canon 70D or Panasonic G7/GX8/GH4.

I don't have a set budget but its not going to be huge, probably £1k with a lens to start off.

I am quite experienced on the Macro/product side but not at all on the video. Any advice would be appreciated.

11-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The G7 has caught my eye. Since Pentax is reluctant to add top video features, 4k with stills extraction is something to find elsewhere. The G7 is able to do 4k, focus at -4EV with touchscreen focus control, and seems to take still images as good as any 4:3 sensor can manage. They also included some lower-contrast Cinema profiles to make the video DR look better.
11-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another option is the Sony A7 is now down to £599 (including £200 cashback) which could be an option....
11-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Another option is the Sony A7 is now down to £599 (including £200 cashback) which could be an option....
Poor bitrate, Hoopsontoast.

Your initial interest in Canon 70D or Panny must be close to what you want!