Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 06:45 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Fuji's X-mount lenses focus by-wire, don't they?

01-09-2016, 07:07 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
There is a Fuji forums?

Steve
I doubt. That is why this discussion is taking place here.
01-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
not as wide, or as fast as a 10mm f/0.95.
Voigtländer 10mm f.095 on MFT has a FOV of 93°,
the DA 14mm f2.8 on APSC has a FOV of 92°.

I'd say that's about as wide.
01-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Now this is funny!!!
This a bit of hipocracy that this person is asking why others would invest in Pentax yet the person touts owning several since buying into Fuji, states they just recently purchased a new K3 ll while waiting for the new full frame from Pentax. Sounds to me they should be asking themselves that first.

In sales this is what is known as getting hung by the tongue.

01-09-2016, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Now this is funny!!!
This a bit of hipocracy that this person is asking why others would invest in Pentax yet the person touts owning several since buying into Fuji, states they just recently purchased a new K3 ll while waiting for the new full frame from Pentax. Sounds to me they should be asking themselves that first.

In sales this is what is known as getting hung by the tongue.
I think he is asking himself, and not getting anywhere. So he's asking for a bit of help understanding his own behaviour. I was just messing with him.
01-09-2016, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
Voigtländer 10mm f.095 on MFT has a FOV of 93°,
the DA 14mm f2.8 on APSC has a FOV of 92°.

I'd say that's about as wide.
There is no equivalent to Sigma 8-16mm for Fuji X system either.
I remember paying that lens in K-mount half of it's street price, new and discounted... and that's a pretty useful zoom for architecture or landscape.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 01-09-2016 at 08:35 AM.
01-09-2016, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam G Quote
Fuji's X-mount lenses focus by-wire, don't they?
yes all the lenses from Fuji are wire-focusing...ugh.

01-09-2016, 08:46 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Even squirrels know it doesn't have to be "either-or"......nothing wrong with having both.

I love Fuji and have greatly enjoyed my Fuji Toy Cameras.....X10/X20. I once considered the X-T1 but when it comes to long glass, which is 95% or more of what I shoot nowadays, Fuji is not there for me. The IQ of my K5IIs is superb, better than my abilities, so I wouldn't gain much, if any, with Fuji.

My opinion is that the X-T1 is the best looking camera out there, if you like how your camera looks. For some the fast lenses could make a difference......but I'm not one of them. When you weigh the overall differences, I still feel that Pentax comes out on top......though I am not prone to knock Fuji.

Regards!
01-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I think he is asking himself, and not getting anywhere. So he's asking for a bit of help understanding his own behaviour. I was just messing with him.
Isn't that what shrinks are for???
01-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Isn't that what shrinks are for???
Would you pay a shrink if you can get help for free on the internet?
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #41
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
yes all the lenses from Fuji are wire-focusing...ugh.
he's making noise about fuji lenses, but i think that there are a bunch of adapters for x-mount? no need to be limited to just native glass.

what i see people complaining about with fuji is the lousy oversaturated jpegs, low-rez sensors, and af performance... it's a rather primitive system, compared to what sony has done... the company is aware of their problems: CP+ 2015: Fujifilm interview - 'our lenses are waiting for higher-resolution sensors': Digital Photography Review

pentax is the better choice, if pq matters.

---------- Post added 01-09-16 at 08:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
There is no equivalent to Sigma 8-16mm for Fuji X system either.
i've never owned a fuji, but afaik fuji is a mirrorless camera system, he can use your sigma 8-16mm lens on his camera with an x-mount to pk adapter?

just have to live with no af and no exif info.
01-09-2016, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Would you pay a shrink if you can get help for free on the internet?
I dunno on the net you'd have to muddle through a lot of conjecture and try to figure out what's right.... Lol
01-09-2016, 10:56 AM - 2 Likes   #43
Pentaxian

The OP has 11 prime lenses for his Fuji all under 90mm. Perhaps his problem is that he loves fast primes and his LBA cannot be satisfied with Pentax brand wide angle lenses. He has more primes for that one system then I have for my Hasselblad, 4X5, 5X7 and whole plate systems combined.

Perhaps if Fuji would fill their gaps, like the one between 21 and 23mm he could concentrate on getting those. I mean there could easily be three new lenses right in that gap.
01-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #44

Original Poster
Everything can be compared that leads to the same result -- a DNG image -- and has similar experience. I am pondering the differences and Rondec really helped framing it.

I guess the key question I'm figuring out is

-- what's the best compact system options -- and learned about more Pentax lenses here
-- learned about compactness of longer lenses here

The FF quality vs compactness is as relevant for Pentax as for Fuji, it's one of the points of pride for Pentax and Fuji communities vs Canikon. So comparing compact gear which is still high quality is reasonable...
A+

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 12:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
The OP has 11 prime lenses for his Fuji all under 90mm. Perhaps his problem is that he loves fast primes and his LBA cannot be satisfied with Pentax brand wide angle lenses. He has more primes for that one system then I have for my Hasselblad, 4X5, 5X7 and whole plate systems combined.

Perhaps if Fuji would fill their gaps, like the one between 21 and 23mm he could concentrate on getting those. I mean there could easily be three new lenses right in that gap.
Indeed a 21mm would be interesting I find wide-angle primes to be really different. For Fuji XF mount, Zeiss Touit at 12mm f/2.8 gives very different results from Fuji 14mm f/2.8 from Fuji 16mm/1.4...

A+

Last edited by braver; 01-09-2016 at 11:34 AM.
01-09-2016, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #45

Two different systems with two different purposes for me. When I travel, vacation or just want a quick grab, I take my X-Pro and a few primes to save all the hassles of size and weight. If I want to go really light my X-a1 and the 27 is like a point and shoot. Frequently I have one and my wife, the other. IQ and JPEG is fabulous and easy. Also the Zeiss Touits are awesome. I don't like the zooms on my Fujis. At home, my K20d is always on the ready on the counter for a shot with a zoom lens or big glass. The DSLR balances larger lenses better and my options with flashes, tripods, etc are plenty. I think differently with either system and I play with both systems for different reasons. I still enjoy my manual cameras with old SMC glass or my FA's with my PZ-1p. It depends upon my mood and the situation. For that matter, in my garage I have way more than one set or brand of wrenches as well. Craftsman or SK, Crescent or Vice grips, Pentax or Fuji, X100 vs GR. Different great tools for different jobs. I've held off upgrading my DSLR for years under the promise of "FF next year" and truly I'm glad I've beat up my K20d in the meantime (although the K30/K5/K3 track almost got me). I don't "justify the investment", I enjoy my hobby, both the process and the results. Good luck and have fun.