Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Panasonic LX100 Macro Feature

When I have a moment, I continue to fiddle with my new LX100; here are three shots made with the camera's macro feature (cross-posted in the Post Your Photos section).

Jer

01-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice! I love the Macro feature on the LX7 - that is really nice to see.
01-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
MJL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had always use and recommend the Panasonic LX (aka Leica D-LUX) series cameras for their IQ, features, size and reliability - until they are getting bigger and bigger and bigger . . .
01-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Nice! I love the Macro feature on the LX7 - that is really nice to see.
Thanks. I also loved it on my LX5, which now belongs to my younger daughter, who took it to Costa Rica shortly after Christmas.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MJL Quote
I had always use and recommend the Panasonic LX (aka Leica D-LUX) series cameras for their IQ, features, size and reliability - until they are getting bigger and bigger and bigger . . .
There's no doubt my LX100 is noticeably bigger than my (now my daughter's) LX5 - an elegant little jewel that I truly enjoyed. Even so, I found that the LX5 - while small - is nevertheless too large to carry comfortably in a pocket and requires a belt pouch. The larger LX100 also fits nicely in a compact belt pouch, so the size difference is not a big deal for me - particularly given the significant performance advantages of the LX100.

Of course, relative to my K-3 and two or three lenses stuffed in a small Domke bag, both LX5 and LX100 seem minuscule.

Jer