02-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #16
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

02-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Since all of these AF points are on the sensor, I wonder how many of them there have to be before it could effect image quality. Obviously they aren't very big, but there are basically multiple dead pixels designed into the sensor, not?
The pixels affected are .0018% of the pixels = no effect.
As i read somewhere, Sony uses the reading on adjacent pixels to interpolate and replace the "missing" pixel data. Not to worry.
02-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
Such a long demonstration for static subjects... not THAT convincing...
02-26-2016, 06:06 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Pretty neat that it can focus other lenses, but the deal breaker for me is no IBIS.

02-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Such a long demonstration for static subjects... not THAT convincing...
He did fast moving as well

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 02-26-2016 at 01:46 PM.
02-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Pretty neat that it can focus other lenses, but the deal breaker for me is no IBIS.

Honestly, this.
02-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Honestly, this.
In a way it makes sense. If you're going to freeze a rapidly moving object, one would have to shoot at higher shutter speeds, (say 1/500s) anyway, so IBIS is not needed. IBIS has its cons: more battery usage, camera size/weight increases, more processor usage, etc. Its not that much of a compromise considering the benefits of tracking. Once the camera is locked onto a subject, the Sony programming usually does an amazing job at tracking. You're not going to get that with any other APS camera, except perhaps for a Nikon 1 system with a much smaller sensor.

People wonder at the size of these small Sony aps cameras, well it comes from well-thought out compromises. That fast focus speed means a lot of processing power that wasn't "squandered" on IBIS. A smaller battery, etc. If one wants IBIS more than fast tracking, then choose the Pentax camera. Both are excellent cameras, but with features that are slanted in different directions. Designers make decisions like that all the time.

Some folks complain about Pentax's less robust tracking ability, when all Pentax has done is to emphasize a different feature package, like class leading WR, ergonomics that are tops, low light focusing at -3ev that will top anything Sony has except perhaps for the A7S. Long battery life that lasts week(s). Automatic horizon correction, Astrotracking that compensates for earth's rotation, etc. Pentax is more the landscape camera while the Sony is more the sports camera. Its not that one is wrong or right - just a different feature set.

Last edited by philbaum; 02-26-2016 at 12:52 PM.
02-27-2016, 04:13 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
To be clear I want ibis for video.

Saying you can shoot stills with faster shutter speeds so it's not required applies to Pentax also. Pentax also doesn't use ibis in video so why does it have ibis at all?!

Missing the point here about situations where you simply can't go with a faster shutter, such as low light.

Regardless Sony haven't put forward a package that meets my wants yet. Pentax still could but Olympus looks to have most of it already.
02-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #24
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
these things are always a compromise, but weak m4/3 pq is not something that i'll ever settle for... i hate af, but i'd also question whether or not oly has an af system that can match the a6300.

the sony 28-135 is parfocal, it has af and ois, nobody including oly has anything comparable... the problem is the price, $2500