Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #136
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Yes except you don't get the benefit of seeing the way your image is exposed and the WB as you are taking the picture and you will have to calculate or chimp you flash settings manually.
i pointed that out earlier, this was the unclevanya response: "Most of what you have said boils down to Mirrorless is better because exposure accuracy is laid out for you in real time. But when I stated this was NOT a factor for me"

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/320...#ixzz491hGB23k

---------- Post added 05-18-16 at 10:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
There you go again.
You are the person whose response to every remark is yet another insult.
there you go again, proving my point by attacking me once again.

05-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
i pointed that out earlier, this was the unclevanya response: "Most of what you have said boils down to Mirrorless is better because exposure accuracy is laid out for you in real time. But when I stated this was NOT a factor for me"

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/320...#ixzz491hGB23k
Thanks. Is there some other point we're ignorant of that you haven't brought up at least a few times in the thread? If so have at it. You have a lot of listeners. BTW the repetitive mock laughter at our not-as-smart-as you comments is kinda cute, and certainly works as a way to win hearts and minds. You should continue the tactic. Like Charlie Sheen you're "winning".

If only things were as cut and dried as someone here would like everyone to just accept.....
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dslr-vs-mirrorless-cameras,news-17736.html
https://photographylife.com/dslr-vs-mirrorless-part-two
http://www.dpreview.com/opinion/0748717592/the-future-of-dslr-or-how-i-learn...d-love-the-ilc

EDIT: This pretty well sums up my feelings on it:
"Will mirrorless cameras ever reach full parity with DSLRs? Some think so, but others are not fully convinced. The important thing to remember is it’s not about what other people think; it’s about what matters to you. If you find a camera you like, and it serves your purposes as a photographer, then it really doesn’t matter whether it’s a DSLR, micro four thirds, full frame, medium format, or plain old 35mm film camera. If it can take the pictures you want to take, then it’s probably the right camera for you."

Last edited by gatorguy; 05-18-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added quote
05-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
there you go again, proving my point by attacking me once again.
whatever.

This really was a suggestion, not an attack, and I still stand behind it.
I'm sorry you can't see it for what it was.
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Your approach is very argumentative. If you really want discussion, you could skip the insulting people step and simply explain again why you see this as such an important point.
I'm not saying anything more on the subject.

Last edited by reh321; 05-18-2016 at 10:30 AM.
05-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #139
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Thanks. Is there some other point we're ignorant of that you haven't brought up at least a few times in the thread?
you claim that you want to learn about mirrorless, then you turn around and attack me there for pointing out how hard it is to reach people who refuse to listen

did you really think that comment of yours was going to move the thread forward?

If so have at it. You have a lot of listeners. BTW the repetitive mock laughter at our not-as-smart-as you comments is kinda cute, and certainly works as a way to win hearts and minds. You should continue the tactic. Like Charlie Sheen you're "winning".
why would i care what you think about mirrorless? the only thing you've brought into this thread is a failed sense of smug superiority.

If only things were as cut and dried as someone here would like everyone to just accept.....
DSLR vs. Mirrorless Cameras: Which Is Better for You?
https://photographylife.com/dslr-vs-mirrorless-part-two
what's your point?

how about bringing up something specific.

EDIT: This pretty well sums up my feelings on it:
"Will mirrorless cameras ever reach full parity with DSLRs? Some think so, but others are not fully convinced. The important thing to remember is it’s not about what other people think; it’s about what matters to you. If you find a camera you like, and it serves your purposes as a photographer, then it really doesn’t matter whether it’s a DSLR, micro four thirds, full frame, medium format, or plain old 35mm film camera. If it can take the pictures you want to take, then it’s probably the right camera for you."
detente is it then.

Last edited by osv; 05-18-2016 at 10:52 AM.
05-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter

...hearts and minds...