Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2016, 04:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
5d mk IV specs 'leak'

https://translate.google.com/translate?ie=UTF8&prev=_t&tl=en&u=http://digica...v8ocm47TxqUkPw

Feature specifications are as follows: the EOS 5D Mark IV.

- A newly developed Canon 30.4MP CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Image processing engine DIGIC6 +
- Adopt a new noise processing algorithm that effectively reduce the noise
- Regular sensitivity ISO100-32000 (extended sensitivity ISO50, ISO51200, ISO102400)
- Camera in the DLO (Digital Lens Optimizer)
- Diffraction correction
- The shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds (Synchro 1/200 sec)
- Add the fine detail in the Picture Style
- AF 61 points. Corresponding to F8 in all of the distance measuring point. -3EV Corresponding (at the time of live view -4EV)
- Seven of the AF area selection modes, including a "large zone AF"
- Finder is 100% field of view. Magnification 0.71 times. Eye point 21mm
- Electronic level (2-axis)
- LCD monitor 3.2 inches 1.62 million dots. Touch panel
- 150,000-pixel RGB + IR metering sensor. 252 zone photometry
- Photometry range EV0-20
- EOS iSA system
- EOS iTR system
- Continuous shooting up to 7 frames / sec (OVF is used)
- Servo AF live view sometimes continuous shooting 4.3 frames / sec.
- Touch AF, Touch Shutter
- Mirror vibration control system (MVCS)
- Anti-flicker
- Wi-Fi built-in (IEEE802.11 b / g / n). NFC-enabled
- EOS's first FTP / FTPS transfer function (wireless file transmitter is not required)
- GPS built-in. GPS logger function
- Video is 4K30fps (MJPEG). Full HD60fps (ALL-I, IPB). HD120fps (ALL-I)
- In 4K30p 4: 2: 2 support Motion JPEG
- It can be cut out JPEG image of 8.8MP from 4K video in the camera
- 0.25 times the HD120fps high frame rate movies for slow motion
- CF (UDMA7) and dual-card slot of SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I)
- Built-in interval timer and valve timer
- Durability of the shutter 15 million times
- The body is magnesium alloy. Dust and water specification
- Mike terminal. Headphone jack. HDMI terminal
- The battery LP-E6N / LP-E6
- Battery life is approximately 900 sheets (OVF when using a temperature of 23 degrees)
- The size is 150.7mm x 116.4mm x 75.9mm
- It weighs 890g (battery, including memory card). 800g (body only)
  • Innovative image processing concept "dual pixel RAW (Dual Pixel RAW)" support. "Dual pixel RAW" is one of the special RAW file that contains two pieces of information of a dual-pixel CMOS (normal perspective and parallax information) in the RAW file.

This RAW file by treatment with dual pixel RAW optimizer of DPP, the following three functions are provided.

1) Image Microadjustment (Image Micro-adjustment): resolving power from the depth information of the dual pixel RAW file to fine-tune the position so as to maximize the (micro-adjustable).

2) Bokeshifuto (Bokeh Shift): to change the point of view of the blur in order to obtain a better blur.

3) ghost reduction (Ghosting Reduction): to suppress the occurrence of ghost and flare.
It is going to be a "dual pixel RAW" is something amazing feature of the EOS 5D Mark IV. Only text is the image is hard to spring, but this feature is like a system that allows a wide variety of post-processing using the distance information of the dual pixel. Whether this feature will bring actually what effect, it is a place very interesting.

Quite impressive specs. 15 million shutter actuations????? Must be some kind if new tech or a typo.

08-19-2016, 04:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Bokeshifuto (Bokeh Shift): to change the point of view of the blur in order to obtain a better blur.
That's cheating!

On the other hand, it leaves no doubt about who this camera is aimed at. Put one of Canon's super-expensive f/1.0 lenses on it and go to town! 15 million shutter actuations? Wow. That's a lot of bokeh pics (and a FREAKING HUGE data storage headache - they must have shares in Seagate! )
08-19-2016, 04:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
That's cheating!

On the other hand, it leaves no doubt about who this camera is aimed at. Put one of Canon's super-expensive f/1.0 lenses on it and go to town! 15 million shutter actuations? Wow. That's a lot of bokeh pics (and a FREAKING HUGE data storage headache - they must have shares in Seagate! )
Flickr are worried!

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-19-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Removed vulgarity.
08-19-2016, 04:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Looks like a nice camera. Price and dynamic range will be interesting.

08-19-2016, 05:03 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Looks like a nice camera. Price and dynamic range will be interesting.
Big dollars. With declining DSLR sales, Nikon and Canon have upped the specs and prices recently to make more money as upgrades out of their existing owners.

Pentax did the same to us with the K-1! (Congrats, Noel, BTW, for your pic being used by Pentax Australia in their Facebook feed!)
08-19-2016, 05:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Big dollars. With declining DSLR sales, Nikon and Canon have upped the specs and prices recently to make more money as upgrades out of their existing owners.

Pentax did the same to us with the K-1! (Congrats, Noel, BTW, for your pic being used by Pentax Australia in their Facebook feed!)
Thanks Clackers...... I'm guessing $3899.... about $1200 more then K-1 in Australia.
08-19-2016, 05:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't see anything that exciting to be honest. No doubt its a nice camera. But unless there are serious gains in dynamic range and noise I think you are better off with other models. Excluding video people.

08-19-2016, 05:38 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
(Congrats, Noel, BTW, for your pic being used by Pentax Australia in their Facebook feed!)
Wow! Nice job, Noel!
08-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Quite impressive specs. 15 million shutter actuations????? Must be some kind if new tech or a typo.
Neither: it's an automated translation glitch. The original Japanese says 150,000 ("15万", or 15 ten thousands).

According to Photorumors, the price will be around €3,799.
08-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venom3300 Quote
I don't see anything that exciting to be honest. No doubt its a nice camera. But unless there are serious gains in dynamic range and noise I think you are better off with other models. Excluding video people.
Canon has optimized their sensors for higher ISO which is of course good for high speed action and low light (wedding photogs come to mind). If you check out DxO, their signal to noise ratio and dynamic range is actually better than the D810 at ISOs above 1600.
If you are a landscape photographer or generally maintain a real low ISO, then yes this probably is not the camera for you.
08-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member

The 5D line is juste a workhorse category like the 1D, there is never anything really exciting in those, but they last long, they are reliable, and you can always re-sell them at good price.
08-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
The 5D line is juste a workhorse category like the 1D, there is never anything really exciting in those, but they last long, they are reliable, and you can always re-sell them at good price.
So is it the camera that produces exciting work, or the photographer?
08-19-2016, 10:25 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
So is it the camera that produces exciting work, or the photographer?
i don't really get your point. But i think the photographer do press the button, and the body just make it more or less complicated.
08-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I don't see anything that exciting to be honest.
If the focus shift feature is real and effective (I admit I don't really get how it could really work...), this Canon camera provide more to the table than anything else in the past 5 years.
08-20-2016, 03:27 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks fine, but expensive for what it is. Question is if Canon has improved low iso dynamic range. High iso has always been fine for them on full frame (APS-C Canons still struggle with some banding issues).

The biggest reason to go with Canon is for Canon's lens line up which includes some lenses that no one else offers.