Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikon DSLR Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2016 Ad Leak

Leak or just getting an early start...
QuoteQuote:
Need a DSLR camera? Nikon’s Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2016 ad has just leaked, revealing savings of up to 50% on DSLR cameras, lenses and kits. We’ve summarized the deals for you below.

11-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Wouldn't say up to 50%, but those are some smokin' deals! I guess it's good news for us Pentaxians, since the company will need to stay competitive by offering its own incentives.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
In terms of bodies, I think it all comes down to Pentax's inventory levels across the K50, K-S1, K-S2, K3 and K3II - all coupled to just when they expect to be introducing the K3II replacement. If the replacement is due in early 2017, then I would expect to see some pretty enticing deals across the board to clear out the older bodies. Since the sensors for the K1 are rumored to be in short supply, probably only package deals with the new FF lenses.

In terms of lenses, probably going to do the same lens sales that we saw earlier in the year.

But who knows - certainly I don't.. Those who do, are not talking. Those of us who know absolutely nothing - are doing the speculating.

I have absolutely nothing on my list. I have everything I really want for at least another year or two...

11-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
In terms of bodies, I think it all comes down to Pentax's inventory levels across the K50, K-S1, K-S2, K3 and K3II - all coupled to just when they expect to be introducing the K3II replacement. If the replacement is due in early 2017, then I would expect to see some pretty enticing deals across the board to clear out the older bodies. Since the sensors for the K1 are rumored to be in short supply, probably only package deals with the new FF lenses.

In terms of lenses, probably going to do the same lens sales that we saw earlier in the year.

But who knows - certainly I don't.. Those who do, are not talking. Those of us who know absolutely nothing - are doing the speculating.

I have absolutely nothing on my list. I have everything I really want for at least another year or two...

There's nothing branded Pentax on my list, either, so it'll be interesting to see what emerges next year.

As for this year, I agree that inventory-clearing will be the major imperative for all brands.

I suspect we may also have been seeing a bit of a "K-1 effect", with both Nikon and Canon advertising frequent cash-back offers on their FF bodies from the time of the K-1 launch, and presumably to be continued here. Other, broader, industry issues will have pointed them in the same direction around that time, but the shrill negativity from some of their sponsored commentators at the same time reinforces the impression I have.

Possible good news for potential buyers of Pentax APS-C gear, though, at least. I'm guessing that there's next to no chance of a good discount on the D-FA15-30, this time around.

11-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ah what a shame no deals on the 105mm1.4 or the 200mmF2 darn Nikon