Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Nice point. But I can't even begin to imagine how much it will cost here. The price policy of Ricoh in Russia is quite crazy, I wrote on this forum about it before. But may be I will really wait a bit.

I am absolutely satisfied with my current lenses. The problem is that K-3 II is overpriced here. Thats why I have started thinking of buying the same class camera from another brand.
I can tell you one thing. Yes, you may pay some more upfront for the body, but in end, it's still going to be way cheaper staying with Pentax, provided you have about 5 or more Pentax lenses.

Now, if getting Pentax lenses & bodies are more costly in Russia than doing the same with Nikon, then it would make more sense to unload your Pentax gear & get some Nikon gear.

It basically depends on how much Pentax glass you have & how much you are willing to pay into either system. If I were in your shoes, my jump to Nikon would be if I had 5 or less Pentax lenses. Once you go over 5, it gets more costly to switch systems when replacing your glass with equivalents. You're basically committed to the system you already have.

11-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Does Ricoh sell in Russia, Kuzma, or is it a local company that acts as an importer setting the wholesale price?

That's the situation here in Australia.
Ricoh has itエs official shop here. And it is almost the only place where it is possible to buy Pentax cameras( So it is price policy of Ricoh.

---------- Post added 11-17-16 at 10:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I can tell you one thing. Yes, you may pay some more upfront for the body, but in end, it's still going to be way cheaper staying with Pentax, provided you have about 5 or more Pentax lenses.

Now, if getting Pentax lenses & bodies are more costly in Russia than doing the same with Nikon, then it would make more sense to unload your Pentax gear & get some Nikon gear.

It basically depends on how much Pentax glass you have & how much you are willing to pay into either system. If I were in your shoes, my jump to Nikon would be if I had 5 or less Pentax lenses. Once you go over 5, it gets more costly to switch systems when replacing your glass with equivalents. You're basically committed to the system you already have.
Thanks for your comment. I will think about it. Actually I have 4 lenses and I am absolutely satisfied with them. The only problem is that I canエt buy a new Pentax camera at a reasonable price.
11-17-2016, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Thanks for your comment. I will think about it. Actually I have 4 lenses and I am absolutely satisfied with them. The only problem is that I canエt buy a new Pentax camera at a reasonable price.
I know the feeling. The Pentax gear is pretty great. I have 2 K-50 bodies & 4 lenses right now. I love all the features that the K-50 offers, given the price. It's far better than any equivalent from Canon, Nikon, or Sony.

On the other hand, I do have access to a D7200 when I need it along with a few awesome lenses. The continuous tracking capabilities of the D7200 blow away the K-50 by a long shot. My only gripe is the lack of IBIS & more expensive stabilized lenses with Nikon. I've been spoiled by IBIS & decent pricing with Pentax in the USA. This is why I haven't really jumped off the Pentax ship yet.
11-17-2016, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ricoh has itエs official shop here. And it is almost the only place where it is possible to buy Pentax cameras( So it is price policy of Ricoh.
Thanks for the information!

01-05-2017, 08:37 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, here is the end of the story:

Ricoh distributors in Moscow announced that everybody who buy K-70 or K-1 in december of 2016 get a Pentax cap for free. After it I had no doubts anymore. ))
01-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-1 in december of 2016 get a Pentax cap for free.
So you got a K1, great decision...ha ha!
01-05-2017, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So you got a K1, great decision...ha ha!
Nope K-70 But anyway it is a great camera)

01-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #23
Pentaxian

K-70
Yes, another good decision....the features are outstanding...I hope they gave you a good deal., they don't give out caps in OZtralia, even when you buy a K1!
01-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe get the Nikon if the lenses you want to use aren't available today for the Pentax?
01-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Maybe get the Nikon if the lenses you want to use aren't available today for the Pentax?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/333...ml#post3871658
04-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #26

Hi
I am new to Pentaxforums and have to post before I can write a review on a lens so this may be as good as place as any to start.I am mainly a Nikon shooter and I have a D600 and D700 FF and have owned most of Nikon,s DX range up to D7100\D5500 and still own a D5100 and D3100 IR.
The reason I got into Pentax cameras was because I came across A very cheap K30 in need of a simple repair and had a few M42 lenses knocking about that were only good for Macro as the adapters that allowed M42 to infinity on Nikon were all of very poor quality and not worth using.
After discovering the GREEN BUTTON I was sold and very impressed and the SR on 30 year old lenses was a very nice bonus,next came a K3 but the shutter malfunctioned,then a K7 that was fantastic below ISO800 then a K70 that did not feel so good to use but very good IQ up there with the D5500\D7100 and then a K5 that was better to use and not much to choose between IQ and now I have added a K3 as I love the build and handling and may sell the K70.
So for me if I was AF dependent I think I might go for D7200 above the K70 with the added bonus of better build and handling I do not think there will be much in IQ to choose between the two,But if I had a good collection of Pentax fit lenses and AF (and Video) are not priorities than keep with Pentax A K3 maybe,certainly in my opinion the legacy lenses for Pentax are up there with Nikon and cheaper if you are looking at Vivitar S1 and the like.
I have a V\large collection of Nikon lenses both very old and modern and still find Nikon very easy to use but I do not think that there is anything that Nikon does that I can not do with the Pentax bearing in mind my leaning towards Manual focus at least in DX.
FF is a little different as the K1 is so expensive and I have not got the inclination to pay for top notch glass as I have all ready invested in some nice glass for my FF Nikon and on
that front I am more than happy with my D700 and my current lenses
04-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it were me, selling my lenses in a company where Pentax is expensive, I'd think twice. But all things being equal, I'd go for the D7200.

But all things are never equal, and the D70 is s really good camera.
04-26-2017, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

04-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If it were me, selling my lenses in a company where Pentax is expensive, I'd think twice. But all things being equal, I'd go for the D7200.

But all things are never equal, and the D70 is s really good camera.
"D70" was a good camera 10 years ago; not that great nowadays
05-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Afer almost 6 months of using K70 I am still not sure if my choice was right. The main BIG dissapointment was that K70 doesnエt work with some of my Sigma lenses, unfortunately with the most expensive ones. It is very sad considering that it was the main reason why I chose Pentax. When I attach my 120-400 lense the camera gets frozen. Still donエt know why.
The second dissapointment - camera could have much better controls. An ISO button surely would not make it more expensive.
At the same time when I look at the images made with K70, especially at high ISO, I am fascinated. My GX20 is not even close.