Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2017, 01:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I edit mine in adobe camera raw just as easy as I used to edit my K3 images...so I'd say the "raws are hard to edit" argument is out the window. My K3 very rarely had moire, but it was more often than I've had with the Fuji XE-1 (which has been zero times, even taking pictures of my fiance with the same dress that gave my k3 issues) but pentax with the AA-simulator takes care of that I guess. I wouldn't say the X-trans is a bad sensor, but I wouldn't say its wildly better than the bayer sensors either. Just different. I personally like the ergonomics of the fuji cameras because it reminds me of the older film cameras that I shoot, and so far I can see that the lens quality is awesome.

05-15-2017, 01:34 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
personally like the ergonomics of the fuji cameras because it reminds me of the older film cameras that I shoot, and so far I can see that the lens quality is awesome.
ADapting the old film era lenses is lots of fun too.My screwmounts love an outing with my XE1 and I rarely use my native Fuji lens.

Speedboosting and focal reducing gives 2 sets of lenses for the 1 price(adding the cost of FR)
05-15-2017, 05:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CLG Quote
Thanks for all the replies!
..I was just asking as my Fuji friends rave about the "film look" that their pictures have. It made me very suspicious!
I think your suspicion was well founded!
05-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I am not a pixel peeper, and I hardly use any sharpening in post as it is applied when exporting. Somehow I have no issues at all with X-Trans pictures (X-T10; LR CC). The colors are too me not just an internet myth, but reality - I like em very much! Time in pp went down

05-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
ADapting the old film era lenses is lots of fun too.My screwmounts love an outing with my XE1 and I rarely use my native Fuji lens.

Speedboosting and focal reducing gives 2 sets of lenses for the 1 price(adding the cost of FR)
I'm trying to figure out a way to speed boost the K-mount lenses I have, it seems there isn't a K-mount to X-mount speed booster/focal reducer available so I would have to get an EOS to X-mount speed booster and use a PK to EOS adapter in addition to that. I'm kind of worried about stacking adapters like that. In the mean time I'll probably just get a regular PK to X adapter,
05-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, that's what I do.....

Cheapest way to get a set of lenses for mirrorless is find the good quality M42s....a EF adapter ring for a buck...$3 for a ring and cap.Theres lotsa EF to X speedboosters...ZHonghi have a model that's close in quality to Metabone$$$$$.One lense to avoid is the 50mmf1.4pentax....rear element hits the SB.The 55 f1.8 gives F1.3ish..Crop is 1.1x.
05-16-2017, 12:21 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I can't say I've noticed any problems in the pictures from my X-M1 but I tend not to use it for landscapes. Generally the results are superb, both the jpegs and RAWs.