Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2017, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #301
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
What about a "small dark room in the basement" list?
I like it! I'm going to keep an offline list with exactly that name... small_dark_room_in_the_basement.txt

12-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #302
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hold the front page... The D850 was getting "maybe 1 in 3" shots "tack sharp" with a subject walking towards the camera. And people complain about Pentax AF? I accept Nikon has the edge over Pentax in this area, but seriously... The next person that says Pentax AF is awful and Nikon's is great will go straight on my ignore list (hang on... I'm a mod... I can't ignore anyone!!).
...and the other 2 in 3 were 'acceptably sharp' if 'not shooting 10ft billboards' (paraphrasing). This while in face detect mode with 3d tracking enabled. he also goes on to say he wouldn't hesitate to recommend the camera to a sports shooter.

Pentax AF isn't awful but I find, after using a Nikon for some time now, that the AF system just handles better overall. It is just more competent.

I find it amusing there was a hand crank joke though.. hahah