Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Persistent talk based on?
We had news about Zenit FE lenses... a 50mm f/0.95

08-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I dont think these manual focus lens will be a sensible choice for a new camera that would be designed for casual and amatuer photogs. Usually they come with a AF kit lens.btw, Mitakon has been selling those for quite a time now, I havent seen a Zenithar 50/.95 for sale yet.
08-30-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Interesting that many people commenting on the article think that Zenit is collaborating with Pentax...

(...).
I went through all the comments and have found only one person mentioning and insisting on the potential KMZ/Zenit - Ricoh/Pentax collaboration: Triplet Perar.
08-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Last post of his (that I've read on DPReview) was about planet Nibiru.

08-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Mistral, I read otherwise. Perar talked against K mount, saying it was kaput. Bolger and rwl are who say that a k-mount would be possible, I suggested it could be a retroed K01..
08-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery
'An unnamed leading photographic equipment company will produce some of the components' this could just mean it has a Sony sensor (like Nikon/Pentax...)

I doubt it will beat the K1's performance but it might still be an interesting option...
08-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
Mistral, I read otherwise. Perar talked against K mount, saying it was kaput. Bolger and rwl are who say that a k-mount would be possible, I suggested it could be a retroed K01..
That's something else.

My point, in reaction to IgorZ's comment ("Interesting that many people commenting on the article think that Zenit is collaborating with Pentax...") was that only Triplet Perar mentioned and insisted on a potential KMZ/Zenit - Ricoh/Pentax collaboration for the project of a Zenit-branded full frame mirrorless camera. Collaboration in designing and/or producing (part of) the camera.

On the other hand, the K mount is in the public domain and anybody who wished to use it for a DSLR or a mirrorless camera could do so without any collaboration (or even permission) from RIcoh Imaging.

To go a bit further:

1/ Ricoh Imaging are slow at designing new lenses, probably because of limited human and financial resources.
2/ Ricoh Imaging are currently absent from the growing market of µ4/3 - APS-C - 24x36 mirrorless cameras and lenses.
3/ Entering this market now would require a huge amount of development and marketing resources.
4/ Therefore, it could be interesting for Ricoh Imaging to team with another player interested in entering this market, so as to share development costs, bring quicker more lens to the market (in particular if they use a new mount), etc; a strategy close to that of Olympus and Panasonic for the µ4/3 mount.

But, and this is a big but (with a single t ), it's not because such strategy could be profitable that Ricoh Imaging are interested in adopting it, or even interested in the µ4/3 - APS-C - 24x36 mirrorless market, or that KMZ and Ricoh Imaging would both consider the other one as a suitable partner.

So all this is mere speculation.

09-20-2017, 01:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Zenit Back With a Mirrorless body?

Ok, here are the latest news. The new camera will based on Leica SL. The collaboration is going to be with Leica as zenit has no resources to build electronic components for the upcoming camera. all the lenses to be produced solely by zenit.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Last edited by racingsnake; 09-21-2017 at 12:21 AM.
09-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Zenit considered working with other major companies on their new full-frame mirrorless digital camera | Photo Rumors