Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2017, 05:55 AM   #1

Blackmagic and Pentax - BMPCC

So,
as videographer using Pentax system, this morning I woke up with the idea to buy (also) a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera.
The camera fits perfectly with my projects, since I shoot with a cinematic style.
I'm aware of the major "problems" of that camera: ridicoulous battery life (but I shot 90% in interior) and poor handling (but I already own tripods, heads, rigs etc).
I'm only worried about crop factor, that's x2,88
Since metabones costs half the price fo the BMPCC (and in any case it should be PentaxK to EF then EF to micro4/3), I'm asking if there are some pentaxians using BM directly with (ultra)wide Pentax glasses adapted to m4/3: suggestions, experiences, problems?
Any advice about Cosmicar Pentax TV lenses?

Thanks everybody!

10-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have compared the Cosmicar-Pentax 8-48mm f1.0-1.2 with the Pentax 06 (see link) and found it quite acceptable. Despite a comment that it would be only good for a 1/2.3" sensor the image would cover a 2/3" sensor by my measurement. I seems to be just over 12mm which fits a 1/2 inch designation on the box.
02-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #3

16mm and longer focal length lenses cover a 1 inch sensor. But you need to know how to identify them! Some of them have been made for 2/3 inch sensors and 1/2 inch sensors. Practically all the 25mm lenses will cover one inch sensor, but to make sure, look for a B designation lens. Some C designation (2/3 inch) 25mms will also cover.... They are the same as the B but to sell them to owners of 2/3 sensor cameras... they use C.

Having deep set glass is not a good sign for the 16mm lenses. They might cover, except the "hood" gets in the way. Having a small exit aperture, the pupil, inside the C mount ring, also means it is not a 1 inch sesnor cover.

12.5mm lenses 1.9 and 1.4 will cover. Often in the name of a 3rd party like Apollo, Ernitec, Sylvania, etc.

Search ebay to find samples of appropriate lenses?