Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 602 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2022, 01:05 PM   #331

Photos: Albums
Curious! The line seems to be making sharp edges, seems to be at the pixel level. Maybe a computational artifact? A quick google search didn't find anything for this happening very often.

It's a lot of grain for the not very high iso. Probably due to the choice for a stacked sensor, tradeoff between readout speeds and sensitivity.
How is the electronic shutter?

Looking for the sensor artifact I did find a recent rumor there could be an RX10 V coming soon...

10-11-2022, 03:07 AM   #332
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pimpim Quote
Curious! The line seems to be making sharp edges, seems to be at the pixel level. Maybe a computational artifact? A quick google search didn't find anything for this happening very often.

It's a lot of grain for the not very high iso. Probably due to the choice for a stacked sensor, tradeoff between readout speeds and sensitivity.
How is the electronic shutter?

Looking for the sensor artifact I did find a recent rumor there could be an RX10 V coming soon...

LIGHT BULB IN MY HEAD! I was experimenting with the possibilities of a new, free-download image processing program ("paint"). It had a linear drawing tool that I was testing to see what it would/could do, which was nothing useful for me. I undid the experiments, except - light bulb goes on - the very first marks I made with that tool because they were so small I didn't realize they were still there. THAT is what caused the hair-like mark in that image.
10-11-2022, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #333
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some local trees have reached full autumnal color, others have not put their chlorophyll into the cellar. Sony RX10mIV
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX10M4  Photo 
10-12-2022, 01:39 AM   #334

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
LIGHT BULB IN MY HEAD! I was experimenting with the possibilities of a new, free-download image processing program ("paint")..
Haah that explains! Happened a lot to me as well ... opening a picture and accidentally using Paint, or worse, Paint 3D and wait 5 minutes for it to load ...

10-16-2022, 06:34 AM - 3 Likes   #335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Travels. SOOC, crop/resize only. Panasonic ZS200

Pierside stroll
by Aaron, on Flickr
10-17-2022, 08:58 AM   #336

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Travels. SOOC, crop/resize only. Panasonic ZS200

Pierside stroll[/url] by Aaron, on Flickr
Oh wow, classic tele framing, what 1 inch does well! Love what Panasonic does with the colors.
10-18-2022, 04:27 AM   #337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pimpim Quote
Oh wow, classic tele framing, what 1 inch does well! Love what Panasonic does with the colors.
Thank you! Likewise, I really like the modern Panasonic colours.

10-18-2022, 05:15 AM - 5 Likes   #338
Pentaxian

A few from the last while

10-18-2022, 08:34 AM   #339
Pentaxian

Thank you! Likewise, I really like the modern Panasonic colours.
The colours I don't have a preference for, but the keeper rate is far below what I was hoping for. I was hoping for hand held on the Lumix to be close to my K-1 and K-3 on tripods. There is no savings there. And so far, nothing I've discovered is up to Live View and focus assist on my Pentaxes, when I decide to go mirrorless on the Pentax. Maybe you guys have a tip?

For the average shot, everything's fine on both systems. Doing macro, there would seem to be more tools on the Pentax.
10-19-2022, 04:18 AM - 2 Likes   #340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A little red and green before Xmas
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX10M4  Photo 
10-19-2022, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few examples from my Canon G5XM2 over the last few days.

I bought a Sony RX10M4 to replace this G5XM2 but it never worked out and I just prefer the size of the Canon, now to sell my Sony =)

10-19-2022, 02:29 PM   #342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The colours I don't have a preference for, but the keeper rate is far below what I was hoping for. I was hoping for hand held on the Lumix to be close to my K-1 and K-3 on tripods. There is no savings there. And so far, nothing I've discovered is up to Live View and focus assist on my Pentaxes, when I decide to go mirrorless on the Pentax. Maybe you guys have a tip?

For the average shot, everything's fine on both systems. Doing macro, there would seem to be more tools on the Pentax.
Fair enough. Curious, keeper rate low from metering, stabilization or too slow lens? You know you can put these things on a tripod as well? It just seems apples to apples to compare handheld, no?
10-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #343
Pentaxian

Fair enough. Curious, keeper rate low from metering, stabilization or too slow lens? You know you can put these things on a tripod as well? It just seems apples to apples to compare handheld, no?
The one inch sensor is never too slow, because it has such wide DoF at 2.8. My issue is with missed focus. Hand held they both suck. I really didn't expect my Panasonic to do better, but it was worth a shot. Apparently some more advanced cameras of similar nature allow you to select your focus point on the back screen, which would be very handy. But mine doesn't have that feature.
10-19-2022, 07:47 PM   #344
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The one inch sensor is never too slow, because it has such wide DoF at 2.8. My issue is with missed focus. Hand held they both suck. I really didn't expect my Panasonic to do better, but it was worth a shot. Apparently some more advanced cameras of similar nature allow you to select your focus point on the back screen, which would be very handy. But mine doesn't have that feature.
Oh, I see. If you have the TZ100, do you use the pinpoint af focus area and the touch screen to move it? I seem to have pretty good success with that.
10-20-2022, 05:07 AM   #345
Pentaxian

Oh, I see. If you have the TZ100, do you use the pinpoint af focus area and the touch screen to move it? I seem to have pretty good success with that.
I'll have to check that out.