Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Show us your other cameras

In the "do you carry your gear daily", Scott asked:
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Just a thought, but maybe you could post a picture of the equipment you listed above. It is a very cool little camera; folks could get an idea of what it looks like.
I thought: well let's start a new thread: show us your OTHER interesting gear that you use when not being a Pentaxian

09-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bessa 66

One of my other cameras, I'm carrying this one around this week:

here's my Bessa 66 flickr folder with pics by/of: Voigtlander Bessa 66 - a set on Flickr

Size comparison to an OM2s:

The Lens:

(All shot with proper Pentax equipment )
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Well Nester started the ball rolling so I'll jump in next.

Left to right:
Front Row: Praktica L; Konica Auto S2; Yashica Lynx14E; Canon Canonet QL17 G-III QL (forgot to remove the lens cap! Doh!)

Left to right:
Back Row: Kodak Duaflex II; Agfa Shur-Shot; Kodak box camera (circa 1930); Yashica Mat 124-G

I would readily put film in any on the front row as they are restored, working cameras, as is the 124-G in the back row. The 3 box cameras have yet to be proven as workers, although I can't see why they wouldn't work. The 3 rangefinders in the front row all have lenses faster than f2.0. Makes for nice available-light 35mm shooters with super quiet shutters. I swear a hummingbird farts louder than the shutter on the Lynx 14E! Oh yeah - and I have the original leather/paper/cardboard cases for all of the rangefinders, the Kodak Duaflex II and the 124-G.

Quite simply, this line up inspires me to shoot film.

Last edited by J.Scott; 09-02-2008 at 05:37 PM.
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This one's not quite an antique...

...but it's considered old by digital standards. I picked it up on Fleabay for around $100. It's pretty solid and is small enough to fit into my purse, so I carry it around most of the time. It also shoots in RAW, too.

Pic taken with K10D + DA55-300 + Sunpak 383 flash.

Heather

Last edited by heatherslightbox; 08-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice collection - I have a Mat 124G as well, nice cameras, these.

The behemoth range finders are strange, bigger than even large SLRs... but yeah, they can make good pics quietly. I like that the Canon is smaller.

Of the back row, you should definitely be able to use the Agfa, and depending on which Kodak model, that one also (some take 120 film, others take obsolete sizes). And the Duaflex is THE classic Through The Viewfinder cam - just hook a turret on it, and shoot down with a macro.

Heather, some day those cameras will be considered classics I think a couple of the fast lens Olympuses already are. You know, built like (plastic) tanks, low MP, but street shooters all.
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Another vote for the 142
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Olympus XA -- Ricoh XR7 -- Ricoh Singlex TLS -- Canon G2

09-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Hey 'Stevebrot' - nice collection. Are they players or are they rubbin' pine? I had to look up what TLS stands for and can't find anything definite. So what does TLS mean? Which lens is it sporting, too?
I have bid and lost on several Olympus XA's on Ebay over the years. Now there is a sweet little 35mm shooter.

Thanks for sharing.
09-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Ricoh cameras should be honorary Pentaxes

Of the other cameras I have, the Kodak Retina IIa is a jewel, so well made and beautifully engineered... up there with the early Pentaxes.

Kodak Retina - a set on Flickr

I can get some fantastic light bloom with the Schneider lens

09-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nesster, that Retina was designed and made in Germany, if I'm not mistaken. No wonder why it's so well made.

I'll post some pictures of my meager camera collection when I get home.

I wonder what Mike's (Mike Cash) camera collection looks like..
09-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I look forward to seeing them. Yes the Retina is German. I like the folding cameras, they are cute, really fit into a pocket, and take me back to real basics.

Here's most of my pile - it's missing a KX, a Fed and a Yashica Mat at least, maybe more... No I'm not proud of this crustation of cameras...

09-03-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Veteran Member

This is my baby. I love this little camera.

This is just a cheap little toy camera that I picked up to play with.

I have a couple others that I've picked up, but these two are the only ones that I've actually used and that have film in them.
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
DAAAAYUUUUM

For some odd reason, I absolutely love yellow lenses; or lenses with yellow filters on them.

Very nice collection! I'm eyeing some of those lenses up.
09-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
Veteran Member

...and no, i'm not pulling out my LF gear ...LOL

I do use all my gear, but i have some antiques which work but i only crank those as they seize up otherwise.

I know, it's a bad photo, i also just passed on my Rebel to my nephews along with some lenses over the weekend, so my primary digital is Pentax
09-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Hey 'Stevebrot' - nice collection. Are they players or are they rubbin' pine? I had to look up what TLS stands for and can't find anything definite. So what does TLS mean? Which lens is it sporting, too?
I have bid and lost on several Olympus XA's on Ebay over the years. Now there is a sweet little 35mm shooter.

Thanks for sharing.
The all are fully operational.

TLS stands for "Through the Lens Sensing" in honor of the TTL metering

It has a Auto-Rikenon 50/1.7

Yes, the XA is a nice camera. It takes excellent pictures. I have the flash too. I paid too much ($110 USD). That is ironic because I always wanted one when they first came out but could not justify the cost. I think they were under $150

Steve