04-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Fuji XT3 at PhotoKina 2018 speculation.

So far the strong rumours are

* 26mp stacked sensor(Xtrans4)
*no IBIS
*new processor

So slight upgrade in resolution,FAST AF,should rival the A9...of course it will shoot 4K video with F-log to SD(thats a new firmware to XT2).Probably a few more bells and whistles?

04-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It'll be well beyond my budget but I always take an interest in how the X system grows and develops.
04-23-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It'll be well beyond my budget
Yes, but if it catches A9 speed its bang for buck and its take a back seat Nik D500.
04-23-2018, 03:02 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes, but if it catches A9 speed its bang for buck and its take a back seat Nik D500.
The D500 is a wildlife/sports photographer's camera. It has very nice specifications, but it combines well with Nikon's very complete long (and fast) lens line up. That is where Fuji falls down a bit. The A9 is in the same category.

I suppose you could shoot weddings or portrait sessions with these cameras, but it would be overkill. Who needs 20 photos of the bride and groom walking down the aisle? The goal of the wedding photographer is to shoot in a spare enough way that they have all the photos they need at the end without having to wade through a bunch and delete a bunch of unnecessary ones.

I'm sure it will be a nice camera -- just not sure it touches the 7D II/D500, much less the full frame sports cameras like the D5.

04-23-2018, 04:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Nikon's very complete long (and fast) lens line up.
Yes, that glass and Canons adapts VERY well to the Fuji bodies.Native Fuji glass ranges from excellent to superb as well.

What you have to understand is Fujis first ILCs came in 2012,they were different but not quite near a Dslr standard back then,but they have certainly improved.$$$ony is similar.

just not sure it touches the 7D II/D500
Oh,...so on assumption you have already determined that it wont compete?....Whats the basis of that statement?..I'd suggest you wait and see what device actually comes to market.Details are very sketchy right now.

Weddings?...My my,why on earth bring that subject up...speed isnt a requirement, SILENT shutter can be and a stacked sensor does that pretty well,judging from the A9 performance.Even the original 5D is a highly competent wedding camera(3fps with 17 raw buffer).

Now, i dont know exactly what is coming,but indications are what ive listed so far, hence "speculation" in the thread name.
04-23-2018, 05:23 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, that glass and Canons adapts VERY well to the Fuji bodies.Native Fuji glass ranges from excellent to superb as well.

What you have to understand is Fujis first ILCs came in 2012,they were different but not quite near a Dslr standard back then,but they have certainly improved.$$$ony is similar.

Oh,...so on assumption you have already determined that it wont compete?....Whats the basis of that statement?..I'd suggest you wait and see what device actually comes to market.Details are very sketchy right now.

Weddings?...My my,why on earth bring that subject up...speed isnt a requirement, SILENT shutter can be and a stacked sensor does that pretty well,judging from the A9 performance.Even the original 5D is a highly competent wedding camera(3fps with 17 raw buffer).

Now, i dont know exactly what is coming,but indications are what ive listed so far, hence "speculation" in the thread name.
I think the point is that you have to factor glass along with the camera body when evaluating the usefulness of a camera body and as far as I know while Canon and Nikon lenses adapt well to Fuji, you won't have auto focus capability at an A9 or D5 level then, will you?

As far as weddings go, most wedding photographers seem to use full frame, but not necessarily the most recent generation of cameras. Silent shutter can be useful, but it isn't a necessity for most situations. Anyway, as I said, it is going to be a nice camera. I just wouldn't go overboard on it (as you seem to do a bit) by saying that it is an A9 killer. Getting those type of specs out of a full frame sensor is more impressive, in my book.
04-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think the point is that you have to factor glass along with the camera body when evaluating the usefulness of a camera body and as far as I know while Canon and Nikon lenses adapt well to Fuji, you won't have auto focus capability at an A9 or D5 level then, will you?
Well,it can be better than native glass.I read a comment of a lady who switched from Canon to $$$ony.She adapted her Canon lenses and reported faster AF.Probably her Canon body was an older model.The AF adapters are progressively updated by firmware on a regular basis too.

I just wouldn't go overboard on it (as you seem to do a bit)
Ha Ha Ha, well with the progress of the tech i cant help but be excited.I look at all the new stuff and think IF it can be of benefit to me,for what i do.
by saying that it is an A9 killer.

,FAST AF,should rival the A9
but if it catches A9 speed
Thats what i said....nothing about an A9 killer.....Fuji AF is already fast with Xtrans3, a new stacked sensor and processor will improve that for sure.WE dont know to what extent yet....Framerate of the A9 is the speediest at this stage(for a FF)...Xtrans 3 does 14 with ES,its safe to assume than Xtrans 4 could/should be faster.

04-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well,it can be better than native glass.I read a comment of a lady who switched from Canon to $$$ony.She adapted her Canon lenses and reported faster AF.Probably her Canon body was an older model.The AF adapters are progressively updated by firmware on a regular basis too.

Ha Ha Ha, well with the progress of the tech i cant help but be excited.I look at all the new stuff and think IF it can be of benefit to me,for what i do.

Thats what i said....nothing about an A9 killer.....Fuji AF is already fast with Xtrans3, a new stacked sensor and processor will improve that for sure.WE dont know to what extent yet....Framerate of the A9 is the speediest at this stage(for a FF)...Xtrans 3 does 14 with ES,its safe to assume than Xtrans 4 could/should be faster.
Fine, I guess. X Trans does nothing for me. A partial (?) solution to a problem I haven't really experienced with Bayer sensors (moire) and more cameras with Bayer sensors are losing their AA filters. But I'm sure Fuji will be glad to collect your money.
04-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Fuji will be glad to collect your money.
As will ALL the others IF they come up with what i require.The tools in my shed bear many different names,so i dont take the chainsaw down the back to dig a hole.