Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2018, 05:25 AM   #1

Adapting Sigma lens (Pentax K mount) to Canon/Fuji

Hi,

I was recently given a Pentax MZ-30 with a Sigma lens attached to it (see images). While the camera itself doesn't seem to work, I'd like to use the lens on either my Canon 400D or Fuji X-T20.

I have a K mount to EOS adapter that I recently got for an old Pentax 135mm lens and it works very well with the Pentax lens. However, when I try to attach the adapter to the Sigma lens, for some reason the adapter doesn't want to click into place.

My question is: could this be because of the autofocus pins this lens has on its mount (see image)? Could there be another reason? Would it be at all possible to adapt such a lens to anything other than a Pentax K body?

Thanks!

Attached Images

05-02-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd look to see if that black metal next to the aperture lever is running into anything. Those shields are designed to protect the lever but they can get in the way.
05-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by serenityover Quote
I'd like to use the lens on either my Canon 400D or Fuji X-T20.
I/m not sure what your problem is but i use a cheap Ebay K to fuji X adapter and just put my 28-200 Hypazoom onto my XE-1.