Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I think the new 100MP BSI sensor is going to be very expensive. It will be a $10,000 body if not more. The Phase One is a $45,000 body, so if Fuji hits the $15,000 price point they will sell all they can make. If Fuji wants to run even 3fps with 16-bit RAW (100MP) then they need a huge amount of processing power and memory. Even with a lossless compressed RAW they will be near 100MB each. If Fuji uses X-Trans they will need 2-3x more processing power and memory since Xtrans is pretty hard on system resources.

If they can't hit at least 3fps, then people buying Canon/Nikon aren't going to be interested anyway. Its got to have the speed that these users expect. Both AF and fps.
Fuji doesn't use Xtrans for their medium format cameras. They just use standard arrays.

But I agree with your general premise. This camera is going to be expensive and will not be an adequate substitute for those used to standard SLR/MILC function. I don't even know if it is going to have PDAF points on the sensor, because otherwise contrast auto focus with these cameras is not great.

05-21-2018, 05:19 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

I sometimes wonder where Fuji (and Sony) would stand in the market today without the [video monetization] work of all these YouTubers.
05-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Fuji doesn't use Xtrans for their medium format cameras. They just use standard arrays.
That is why I said "if".

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I sometimes wonder where Fuji (and Sony) would stand in the market today without the [video monetization] work of all these YouTubers.
I don't know. They are both doing an excellent job of getting review out on YouTube. Ricoh needs to take notes on marketing... From someone... Anyone.... Ricoh is simply disconnected from the internet. Both Sony and Fuji have been killing it when it comes to review. Even die hard Nikon and Canon shooters are reviewing Sony and Fuji products. It's great marketing.
05-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Ricoh is simply disconnected from the internet.
Sad but true. In particular, their YouTube presence as Ricoh Imaging, or anything Pentax, is pitiful.