Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2022, 11:38 AM   #226
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by cowlitzJim Quote
I swapped an e-m1 and a few little-used lenses for an a7b, should be fun with my K' 28/50/85/135, 17-28 fisheye and their 28-70 kit. Thanks for showing off your photon grabs here!

Hm, I have an old box of nikon-f lenses around here somewhere..
A7b? Do you mean a7r?

10-11-2022, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #227
Forum Member
cowlitzJim's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Cowlitz county, Washington state USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 62
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A7b? Do you mean a7r?
Sorry folks, I often use my own personal abbreviations for cameras. It's an A7 mark 2, A7ii - or for me an alpha/seven/beta
10-11-2022, 10:55 AM   #228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by cowlitzJim Quote
Sorry folks, I often use my own personal abbreviations for cameras. It's an A7 mark 2, A7ii - or for me an alpha/seven/beta
No worries. What would the a7rii be? A7rb?
10-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #229
Veteran Member
Scout's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2018
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 584
QuoteOriginally posted by cowlitzJim Quote
I swapped an e-m1 and a few little-used lenses for an a7b, should be fun with my K' 28/50/85/135, 17-28 fisheye and their 28-70 kit. Thanks for showing off your photon grabs here!



Hm, I have an old box of nikon-f lenses around here somewhere..
Hello, got the same A7iib !) I use it with everything, sigma superwide 24 f2.8, Pentax da 35 f2.4, M42 lenses (Helios 44m7, zenitar 16, Jupiter 9, takumar 50 macro preset), pentax-m 28mm F3.5, and even a Minolta Rokkor 45mmF2 (which is really very good). Everything is possible, and it's just FUN !
I now look for a Nikkor 105 f2.5 AIS, looks fantastic!
Cheers

Envoyé de mon 21051182G en utilisant Tapatalk

10-11-2022, 02:05 PM   #230
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by Scout Quote
I now look for a Nikkor 105 f2.5 AIS, looks fantastic!
I’ve always liked that lens.
10-21-2022, 06:36 PM - 2 Likes   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 204
Hit the local wiildlife area with the A7 & Loxia 21.



After a couple of days of heavy rain, most of the Fall leaves have dropped.

10-28-2022, 04:03 PM - 3 Likes   #232
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 204
Happened to look out the window after dinner tonight, and couldn't pass up shooting the sunset. It took me a few minutes scrambling to grab my (new to me) Sony A7R ll and Loxia 85. Opened the balcony door, and took the shot wide open, hand held. The sunset was disappearing by the minute. I was five minutes past its peak.




Last edited by Davep; 10-28-2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typo
10-30-2022, 06:09 AM - 3 Likes   #233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 204
Tried my (new to me) A7R ll out on the trails with the Loxia 85. I was experimenting looking for problematic situations, and this shot fits the bill perfectly. Highlights and deep shadows both requiring detail. This was minimally processed from raw. Very pleased!

10-30-2022, 06:40 AM   #234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
Happened to look out the window after dinner tonight, and couldn't pass up shooting the sunset. It took me a few minutes scrambling to grab my (new to me) Sony A7R ll and Loxia 85. Opened the balcony door, and took the shot wide open, hand held. The sunset was disappearing by the minute. I was five minutes past its peak.
I think missing the peak may have elevated the image. The moon is the star here and it gets a boost from the colors but they don’t rule the image.
11-04-2022, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 204
Taking advantage of the gorgeous weather this week, with the Sony A7R ll and Loxia 21.



11-04-2022, 01:03 PM   #236
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
Taking advantage of the gorgeous weather this week, with the Sony A7R ll and Loxia 21.


Really nice still water in that first shot.
11-04-2022, 02:32 PM - 2 Likes   #237
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 204
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Really nice still water in that first shot.
It was approaching golden hour at 3:15. The sun is quite low in the sky this time of year, and the air was very calm. The smoothness of the water is emphasized by the wake left by the Trumpeter Swan in this shot. Unfortunately, I only took the one lens that day. I could have used something longer for this kind of shot.

11-04-2022, 02:37 PM   #238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,406
QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
It was approaching golden hour at 3:15. The sun is quite low in the sky this time of year, and the air was very calm. The smoothness of the water is emphasized by the wake left by the Trumpeter Swan in this shot. Unfortunately, I only took the one lens that day. I could have used something longer for this kind of shot.
You can always crop a bit. I like the wide perspective but I think about double the focal length would have been perfect for the wake and swan. Great capture either way.
11-04-2022, 08:04 PM - 3 Likes   #239
New Member
abraswell's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 24




Took these a few days ago while testing out a pair of Flashpoint/Godox MF12's. I've been using a Sony flash off-camera, but this is smaller, lighter and just so much easier to deal with.
11-22-2022, 03:15 PM - 3 Likes   #240
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 408
We need some B&W in this thread Sony 28mm F2 and A7II

Name:  DSC083131.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  380.4 KB
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24mm, 24mm superwide ii, a7, a7 series picture, beach, brad, camera, canon, dog, fe, ff, flickr, fuji, lens, macro manual focus, nikon, pentax, photo, photos, pm, post, series, series picture thread, sigma 24mm superwide, sony, sony a7 series, takumar, thread, zeiss
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony a7 user here keysersoze Welcomes and Introductions 17 04-05-2018 06:45 AM
Experiences of Sony A7 series w/manual focus lenses? 6BQ5 Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Other Camera Brands 10 09-04-2017 07:05 PM
Cactus V6 and Sony A6000 and A7 your Experiences? Sliver-Surfer Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Other Camera Brands 2 12-13-2016 08:49 PM
Pentax 31mm with Sony A7 vs Sony RX1 kindakaa Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 08-07-2015 01:14 PM
DSLRmagazine: Sony A7r vs Nikon D800 and A7 vs Leica M test. Sony is the best! Clavius Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Other Camera Brands 3 01-14-2014 10:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top